Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Cookies

Dylan came home from school one day with a huge urge to make "Santa Cookies." I don't have a Santa cookie cutter, but I do have some other Christmas cookie cutters, and sugar cookies always sound like a good idea to me, so we made 'em. I started decorating my kids' birthday cakes this year, so I had some nice, bright icing coloring that I used. I've always used regular food coloring before, and the colors end up being kind of pastel-ey, but with my icing coloring, my trees were bright green, my gingerbread men were deep brown, my stars were brilliant yellow, and my stockings were vibrant red. The cookies didn't last long. We're all ravenous wolves around here.


2 comments:

Beej said...

I'm sooooooooo jealous. I wish that you lived with me and were my mom/wife...:). Spencer is jealous, too. We probably won't have time to make sugar cookies, and he is very disappointed. Maybe we could make some together on that Sunday after we get back from Las Vegas???

Lynita said...

I am so bad, I didn't even make cookies for Santa! We got invited to some friends at the last minute, and got home at 10:30 on Christmas Eve, so poor Santa got nothin! That's okay Santa ain't gettin any thinner, know what I mean!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...