Monday, June 30, 2008

Tag from Lynita

This is a really interesting tag. You're supposed to grab the nearest book, go to page 123, find the fifth sentence, type it onto your post, and then tag five friends. So here it is:

"From the beginning of this phase until the end of it, most PDF moms transition from seven or eight feedings down to five to seven feedings in a 24-hour period."

This is from the book I'm re-reading, called On Becoming Baby Wise. It's describing phase two of infant development - weeks nine through fifteen. PDF means "parent-directed feeding," which means that you, as a parent, decide if your baby is giving you hunger cues or if there is a different reason he is crying, such as a wet diaper, gas, etc. You, as a parent, look at the clock to see how long it's been since the baby has eaten, assess what the baby needs, and make the decision. I love this book. It really helps to take the guesswork out of caring for an infant.

I'm tagging Autumn, April, Em, Abbie, and Amy.

2 comments:

Nat said...

Huh, that's an interesting tag. I did it, just to see what I got; I pulled down Little Women, and the sentence is, "But I'd rather do it myself; so you'll not tell, will you?" It's when Meg is talking to Laurie when she gets all dolled up by those other girls at that chick's coming out party.

Lynita said...

Thanks for playing, I have heard that is a great book too. I like the quote from Little Women that Nat put in too, such a great book. I still watch that movie at least once a year! By the way after I finish doing my dishes (I no longer have a dishwasher), I will do the tag you gave me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...