Sunday, September 6, 2009

Buttermilk Pie - Per Mindy's Request



Mindy, The Best Blogger in the Universe, asked me for my Buttermilk Pie recipe, so here goes:

Buttermilk Pie

1 1/3 cup sugar
3 T flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine, melted
1 cup buttermilk
2 t. vanilla
1 t. lemon flavoring

Combine sugar and flour. Beat the eggs thoroughly and add to sugar/flour mixture. Add melted margarine and buttermilk. Mix well. Fold in vanilla and lemon flavoring. Pour into an unbaked pastry shell. Bake at 425 degrees for ten minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 and bake for 35 minutes longer without opening the door. Makes one pie.

2 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I found some random recipie on the internet after you mentioned buttermilk pie last fall. That pie was good but I am really, really excited to try yours today. I'll let you know how I do!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm! Looks yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...