Friday, November 19, 2010

I helper.

Mikey loves to help me load and unload the dishwasher. The other day, he was handing me silverware to put away, and I said, "Thank you so much, Micah!" He looked at me and said, importantly, "I helper."

Well, I helper, too, Mikey. I helped Megs put a little garden area in her front yard. There was this corner with a bit-o-dead grass on it - this is where Megs wanted to dig the grass out and put in some prettiness:

So we dug and dug and pulled and pulled and dug and pulled, etc. etc. I think there once was a big bush there, because we kept digging up huge roots and woody branches. It was pretty hard work.
We mixed some gypsum and potting soil into the area - the soil was pretty clayish. Then we made a little trench so Megs could put this cool trim stuff in the ground. Brynnan was my little trench digger:

He helper.

Jonas was having fun just digging around. I know he was doing something specific, but I can't remember what...
I had to take off, so I didn't get to do the most fun part - putting in the plants. She put in some hyacinth bulbs (I'm so jealous. I really want some hyacinths. Maybe next fall I can buy some...), tulip bulbs, some of my iris starts, and then some cute little pansies that she got for like 10 cents each:


Cuteness, huh?? Those pansies had a good month of balmy weather before the Blizzards from Hell hit us last week. It was summer, and then it was winter. No fall. There's like a foot of snow out there right now. Sheesh. I'm so retiring to some place warm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for helping me do that!! I am still so clueless about gardening so it great to have you and other friends and family help me out! I can't wait until Spring!!

Lyndsay said...

You two are awesome!! I love that you help each other out so much. I need a Meg of my own. And I need to do so much yard work, but even we have snow! My in-laws drove through one of those blizzards Monday (from Wyoming). Sounds like things are insane over there!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...