Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Weird, Weird Husband

Ben is like a little kid when Halloween comes around. He loves to dress up and scare people. Case in point - his office's Halloween party. All of the employees' kids go over there a couple of days before Halloween and trick-or-treat from office to office. The employees all really get into it - almost every single dude was dressed up. One guy dressed like a surfer dude and even made his office look like the beach.

This was Ben when we went to his office:

He found some weird metal thing and put it in his doorway, and then he would reach out and creepily scare kids as they came to get treats out of his bowl. He would use this growley voice and say, "Oh... they put this up to keep me away from kids. I love eating children..."

He's such a dork.

You can just call me the Halloween Scrooge. I totally hate dressing up. I hate that my kids fight over candy for like two weeks after Halloween. I hate spending money on costumes. I hate spending money on candy for trick-or-treaters. I know, I am such a party pooper. I guess that holidays are a little more stressful when you're the one in charge, you know?? I used to love Christmas, but I haven't been a fan for several years now. Too big of a pain in the butt. And too expensive.

Anyways. Ben wanted to go around and see the other peoples' costumes, so after he scared our children, he walked around with us from office to office. And scared children in the hallways. :)

Sadie picked this costume out at Wal-Mart - a pixie:

Dylan was a ninja (look at that adorable, toothless smile):

Gage was a chili pepper:

And Bruiser was a cowboy. Who wouldn't wear his hat or cowboy boots:

He's so stubborn. Or maybe he got his mom's I-hate-dressing-up gene.

6 comments:

Emily Empey said...

Yeah i dont like to dress up anymore for Halloween! I have to admit I like Halloween a lot more since I have Mary now!

Patty said...

ca-YUTE costumes! I like the Chili pepper.

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

I also dislike dressing up for Halloween and I HATE thinking of costumes let alone buying them. I would rather save all that money and take Noah to Disneyland or something haha. Your kids look adorable, as usual. Glad they enjoyed it at least!! (oh and Ben too) haha.

lexykay said...

baby costumes are so stinking cute!!

Anonymous said...

I don't like to dress up normally, but since Jonas had his costume party I wore a witch hat and all black. Easy Peasy:) Your kids all look so cute in their costumes!! I LOVE Gage's costume. At least he wore his. We bought Tini a cute little pea pod one and he threw a fit when we tried putting him in it. He stayed home with Mark and never wore the costume. I'm so glad we spent $15 on it to never be worn!!

Nat said...

Ben is so funny! And I like Dyl's costume-the night of Halloween I didn't get to see the whole thing because of him morphing it into something more like his dad's.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...