Sunday, October 16, 2011

Boy, you're in a heap of trouble...


Look at Micah's Chinese haircut. Sa-weet. I have never seen such nasty-asty haircuts as the ones we all got in Baoding. I'm scheduled to see my dear hairdresser this Friday, and I. cannot. wait.

A couple of days before we left, I was talking to Summer. I was telling her that I thought coming back to the U.S. might be the best choice for my kiddos' sake. I told her how I was especially worried about Micah's anxiety and...general freakishness. :) I said, "I think I need to get him into preschool." She responded, "Yes, Micah needs to learn the English language." Hahaha! I love that. And it's so true.

I've noticed, however, that he's speaking so much better, just in the past two weeks since we've been home. Isn't that weird?? And good?

Here's something crazy - Micah says something my sis, Lex, used to say when she was little: "Leave my lone." Which is, "Leave me alone." I love, love, love that he says that.

Cars is one of his favorite movies, and there's a part where Lightning McQueen just got tangled up in electrical wires and barbed-wire fence and is hanging there. The cop who has been pursuing him says, "Boy, you're in a heap of trouble." When Micah is angry at someone (which si 99.9% of the time), he yells, "You in a heap of trouble!!!"

Mom was bathing him the other night, and she poured some water on his head, because he refused to lie down to get his hair wet. He stood up and screamed at her, "NOT COOL!! Not cool!!!"

Like I mentioned before, our bathrooms in Baoding didn't have bathtubs, so we had to do this communal shower thing every day with the younger kids, because let's face it, they won't wash themselves. Ben was showering Micah, so obviously, they were both, ah, in their birthday suits, right? Micah smiled at Ben and said, very sincerely, "I like your body." I guess he was giving Ben some kind of compliment. Ben laughed and laughed.

4 comments:

Nyline said...

that is so funny! i could totally see Tristan saying that when he was little! lol thanks for sharing! your blog always brings a smile to my face! love you!

Emily Empey said...

Hahahahaha! Hilarious!

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

hahahaha This post is hilarious. I am dying. PS. Noah also loves Cars..he loves to say 'Look at me. Here I am. LOVE me' He tries to say it in a deep voice....it's too cute.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHA!! That is so funny!! Micah is such a cutie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...