Wednesday, October 19, 2011

It was impressive.

Just one more thing about homeschool. I gotta say. The curriculum we had for homeschool (The Idaho Virtual Academy) was in.cred.i.ble. My friend, Lyndsay, had homeschooled for a time with the IDVA, and she had said it was good and challenging, but I didn't realize how much so until we came home.

Before we left, which was three weeks ago, Dylan was doing addition and subtraction up to the number 10,000. Guess what his worksheets have been like since we've been home? "9 - 7 = ?" Yeah. :)

And very hands-on. This is a picture of Dylan measuring the weight (in Newtons) of Sadie's box of Baoding balls, using a spring scale:

The kids la-hoved their science lessons. Dylan says he's going to be a scientist one day. He's cute.

And now it's time for me to have a fight with my three-year-old about his naptime. Toodles!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The IDVA sounds amazing!! It makes me want to homeschool, until I think about how long it took you guys to do school and having to prepare the lessons, etc. Maybe the VA should school the Districts around here:)

Mindy H. said...

Welcome home! Welcome home! Welcome home!

Lyndsay said...

Yes, it is amazing curriculum. Science was Ryan's favorite. I have to say, though, that my kids' new schools are just as great, thus far!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...