Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Fort Charlotte

I've decided to split up the things we did at Nassau into different posts so that you're not overloaded.  Ben and I wanted to do a guided tour of Nassau.  Our first stop was at one of the forts there on the island - Fort Charlotte.

This fort was actually never used - nobody ever attacked Nassau!!  But it was cool to see all of the old cannons, ramparts, etc.

Our tour guide started almost every single sentence with, "Now, ladies and gentlemen, if you'll look over here...."  "Ladies and gentlemen, these are...."  "Ladies and gentlemen, if you want to leave a tip...."  It was funny.

Ben is such a good photographer.

This looks like an old carving:
For some reason, I wasn't there when Ben took a picture of it, so I'm not sure what the story is there.  I'll have to ask him when I see him in THREE DAYS!!!  Eeeeeeee!!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's cool! I had to look up Nassau. lol I didn't know it was in the Bahamas. I'm horrible at geography!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...