Monday, February 10, 2014

Hell has frozen over - I have a tutorial for you.

Alright, some more cards.  This was the card I made for Benny Bones for our anniversary:
He approved.  He liked the swirls and that I used black.  A manly card, I believe he called it.  (With a lilac purple on it and a heart???  Haha!  I love him.)

My sister, Beads, asked me to make baby shower invitations, and here is one of them:
I love those little flower stickers I found for the front.

I really, really am a fan of how these ones turned out - they were for my stepfather-in-law and stepbrother-in-law:
My cute friend Kathleen always gives me a challenge in my cardmaking.  Her nephew just signed on with a major modeling agency, and she wanted to send him a congratulatory card, but not just any congratulatory card.  A male modeling congratulatory card.  It took some thinking and a little bit of downloading from the silhouette shop, but I figured it out, and it turned out really fun:
It was actually a paper doll!  He had several winter outfits for me to choose from.  I liked this one.  Nice and laid-back. :)

And this is one I made for Ben for Valentine's Day:
My friend, Megs, has a craft blog, and she just got a cool webcam thing, so she asked me to do a video tutorial on how to make a card.  So if you want to see me design and make this bad boy, go here.  Megs' husband said that she and I were funny on the video, our interaction and all.  We laugh a lot when we're together.  She's just the best.  I used a sponging technique around the white squares - my friend Jen's signature in her cards.  I loooooove Jen's cards.  They're some of the most gorgeous ones in my card exchange group, and I firmly believe it's because she's so skilled at sponging.  Sponging creates a lot of interest and depth in a card.

I have a sad postscript to this tale, though.  Ben caught a glimpse of his Valentine's Day card, and he was like, "Pink??"

I was like, "Um, it's Valentine's Day.  Pink! Red! White!"

"But I'm a man, Kar.  This isn't very manly."

"So do you want me to, like, save one of Gage's Kung Fu Panda valentines for you??"

"Nooooo, I want a homemade one for you that I can put on my bulletin board in my cubicle."

"And people will give you crap if the card is pink."

"Yeah."

Soooo it's back to the drawing board, but I inherited some paper from Megs a couple of weeks ago, and it is quite manly, but still Valentine-ey.  I just have to find the time to make it. :)  That, my friends, is the trick.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I LOVE all your cards!! They're always so gorgeous! I think Ben needs to grow a pair! haha! I put pink on Marks card and he had no problem with it! He loved it and was very grateful that I made him a card in the first place! :) And Mark doesn't think that pink is ok for a guy to wear or anything like that either. He doesn't like pink, but if it's on a love card I think he realizes that it's ok for it not to be so manly. haha. Thanks for doing the tutorial for me!! You're awesome!

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, air max, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, coach factory outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, jordan shoes, coach purses, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

baseball bats, links of london, timberland boots, canada goose, canada goose uk, louboutin, hollister clothing store, ugg, moncler outlet, vans, pandora charms, gucci, karen millen, hollister, oakley, pandora jewelry, lancel, moncler, coach outlet store online, toms shoes, air max, louis vuitton, rolex watches, ralph lauren, converse, moncler, ugg, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, hollister, ray ban, wedding dresses, converse shoes, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, pandora charms, swarovski, parajumpers, iphone 6 cases, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, montre homme, moncler, air max

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...