Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Creepy, Growing Snakes

Ben and I were talking about our favorite types of fireworks. He likes the old-fashioned firecrackers, the red ones that you just light and watch them explode and crackle. And bottle rockets. I told him I always really liked those creepy snake things, that look like little black pebbles, but when you light them, they grow and writhe.

Ben decided we needed to do a few more fireworks at home on Sunday the 4th. And look at what he remembered to buy for me:

Um, you probably can't see it that well. It's a snake one. He also bought one that had, like, five snakes coming out of it. Sooooo cool and creepy. They made permanent stains on our sidewalk, but I honestly don't care. As long as I got to see my creepy snake fireworks.

The stupid Nappy Neighbors came over to watch our fireworks, of course. Ashlynn kept standing right in front of me. I had to yell, "I can't see, Ashlynn!" every single time Ben lit a firework. Blah. I wanted to kick her skinny little arse.

It was sooo windy that evening. It was tough to get anything lit.

Ben got these handheld rocket thingeys. The kids loved them:

Well, two of the kids loved them. Micah went running when his started shooting stuff out:

He actually manned up and held a sparkler, though, which was an improvement:


Hm. That sweatshirt is wayyy too small for him. At least with the hood up. This kid is a hoodie lover. Actually, he is just a lover of any kind of cloth he can put on his head. He will put his blankie on his head and walk around all day. If he can't find his blankie, he will pull down a towel and walk around with it on his head all day. Or a shirt from his drawer. Today, he pulled out one of Dylan's pajama shirts and wore it on his head all day. He's so funny. So quirky.

3 comments:

Mindy H. said...

The snakes were always my favroite too...but probably becuase I was like Micah and the loud, really bright ones freaked me out. And how cute is Micah's head covering quirk? I love it when personalities really start to shine through like that.

Gifford Family said...

Ahhh, Snakes and Smoke Bombs were always my favorite as a kid :) What was wrong with us... Ha

Emily Empey said...

what a funny lil' guy! he is so cute! Mary loved the sparklers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...