Monday, August 16, 2010

Gage is Here!!!

Duuuude! Gage came so early! 3 1/2 weeks early. I'll give all the nitty gritty details really soon. As you can tell, having four kids is keeping me busy. But I'm in really good spirits - no postpardem yet. I feel amazing, physically. And the baby is doing great, which is the most important thing of all. A few pics to whet your appetite...

He was six pounds, eleven ounces, and 19 inches long:

When he came out, he wasn't breathing very well. And they found some fluid in his lung. So they whisked him away to the NICU. I didn't get to hold him until a couple of hours later. Here he is, all wired and tubed up:

He hung out in the incubator for two of his three days there (Isn't he gorgeous??):

My kids got to touch him through the little windows of the incubator:

First bath (this is Ben's favorite thing to do):

A close-up:

Angelina Jolie mixed with Mr. Magoo.
Ben, getting in some smooching:

We got to bring him home on Friday morning, one day after I was discharged. We were soooo excited to get him home:

We have to feed him in a different way, because he's so immature. He does better if we feed him lying on his side:

Sadie is loving this little man:

Dylan couldn't care less. He's too self-absorbed. :) Micah is very sweet with him.
This is such a fun pic of him. Too bad it's fuzzy:

Yay, Gage! Yay for not being pregnant anymore! We are ELATED!!!

14 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations Karlenn!
So glad he made it here safely and is home with you. Enjoy your sweet baby boy! Can't wait to hear more about his birth.

Lyndsay said...

Yeah for no more sickness, yeah for no more heartburn, yeah for an adorable baby to hold close and stare at (versus the toilet)!!! YEAH YEAH YEAH!!!!

Congratulations, he is so handsome (my kids get upset when I call boys beautiful!!)!!!! Way to go, Kar! Now try to get some rest!!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS on getting him here! It sucks that he had to be in the NICU, but I'm glad he's out and home now. If there is anything I can do to help you out, just holler, I'm totally willing! (You are so much braver than I am.... 3 kids is all I think I can handle!)

Gifford Family said...

Congratulations. So glad you are both home and doing great!

Amy said...

What a cutie! Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again:) I love these pictures! I'm so glad both you and Gage are doing so great!! Good luck with the postpartum stuff! Hope you don't get the blues!!

Emily Zoe Hale said...

Oh he is so beautiful! I can't believe that in 5 months I will have the same experience. I love his lips! They kind of look like Steven's. So cute!

Layton Mom said...

Congrats Kar! He is very handsome.

Mindy H. said...

Congrats! I am so glad that you and Gage and the rest of your kin are doing so well. I saw your kids at the zoo a day or two after Gage arrived and enjoyed the thought of another one of your super cuties walking the earth. I hope everything continues to go well. You have earned some feeling-good-and-snuggling-with-the-squishy-baby time.

Camille said...

I'm soo sooo happy for you.
I can't wait to hear the gory details! But I hear ya - first thing first and blogging is not on the list.

J + A Humphreys said...

Holy cow!!! You had your little dude before I had mine!!! hahaha! Congratulations!! Feels good to finally have them out. So tiny. What a good lookin' little man. Can't wait to hear all the details!

Nat said...

He's so cute! I'm going to have to come over and snuggle him tomorrow when I bring dinner. :)

Ohh So Pretty!! said...

ahhhh I LOVE HIM! he is such a lover and seriously so adorable!! I need to come hold him!!

I am so glad you feel good! FINALLY! No more sickness! haha

Ohh So Pretty!! said...

oh an this is Emily! haha I was signed up under my business account!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...