Thursday, December 27, 2007

Luminaires

Another tradition my family has always had is putting out luminaires on Christmas Eve. Our neighborhood just always did it, and my parents took the tradition with them when they moved into their new neighborhood a few years ago. Nat and I were just trying to figure out what luminaires signify. We've never thought about it before. She said she heard something once about lighting the way for the wise men? Anyways. Here are the photos of the sack preparations. Nat:

Ben:

Pete:

Dad:

Mom:

And, of course, Troy. Troy always wants to be in on what the adults are doing. The kids will be downstairs playing, but you can always count on Troy to be where the adults are, trying to get in on the action:

While we were busy with our preparations, Dylan and Jake had a little coloring fun with one of Mom's markers. They gave each other facial tattoos:

Then it was time to take the luminaires out. The kids were very careful and did a good job. Dylan:

Dad and Brock:


Ben:


Sadie:

Brock - it is sooo hard to get a picture of Brock's face. He always ignores me and ends up turning his head at the last minute. I have a million shots of Brock's head, but not of his face. At last, I got my shot. He wouldn't look right at me, but I'm happy I got what I got:

This is Dad, trying to unearth his snowman from the foot of snow that had fallen that day:

2 comments:

Jenny said...

i just finished reading your recent posts - what wonderful traditions. it looks like you all had a great time. aren't those puppies adorable??? my kids love to sit and hold them. i didn't know natalie was expecting. how exciting! are you girls due around the same time?

Lynita said...

That is a neat family tradition! I guess you have to have a house to do that though, so it will be a while before we can give it a try. Do you cut out patterns in the bags?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...