Thursday, December 6, 2007

We Caught a Mouse in a Tupperware Container!!

This is the craziest story ever! I saw a mouse running in our kitchen one afternoon when I turned on the kitchen light, so Ben and I immediately set some traps, but to no avail. We later found some mouse poop in our skillets that sit in the drawer under our stove. Ewwww.

Then, the other night, Ben was in our bedroom and saw a mouse run out from under our bed, and then back in. So Ben shut the door, trapping the mouse in our room. Then he asked me to bring in two tupperware containers so that we could try to capture this mouse. I reluctantly agreed, though I've had many experiences with mice while growing up, and they are way too fast for us humans. So Ben lay on the floor one side of the bed, and I stood on the other side of the bed. There was no way I was lying down. I have actually had a mouse run up my leg once, and it's not so pleasant. So Ben would have me yell and pound on the floor to make the mouse run toward him, but then the mouse would see Ben and run back toward me. And then I'd jump on the bed, squealing. I'm such a dork.

Eventually, we couldn't see the mouse under the bed anymore. We realized that the bulb part to our baster had rolled under our bed at some point. My kids love playing with my baster, for some reason. They take it apart and lose each part all the time. I told Ben that I bet him a million dollars that the mouse was hiding in the baster bulb. So Ben puts his tupperware over the bulb, slides it out, slides the lid under the bulb and clamps the tupperware shut. When we looked closely, sure enough, the mouse was in the bulb!! We actually captured a mouse without an actual trap!!

I told Ben to take the tupperware out to the dumpster behind our house. He felt really guilty about it. He's like, "Let me let the mouse out of the tupperware into the dumpster," but I told him no way. The mouse would just find its way back to our house. Ben's like, "The poor mouse will suffocate!! He's just so cute..." He's so tender-hearted about animals. I usually am, too, but when it comes to pests in my house, I'm a cold-blooded killer.

So the poor mouse will probably die in the basting bulb, in the tupperware, in the land-fill, but I'm okay with that. Perhaps suffocating isn't too painful of a way to die? I've heard drowning is the most painful way to die. How do people know this?? Don't you have to die in order to give your opinion on such things?

Here's Ben, making a weird face. You can see he's holding the tupperware with the bulb inside of it.

I tried to take a close-up picture, but you can't see the mouse in the bulb very well. Trust me, he was in there:

3 comments:

deannah said...

Yikes! That is a crazy story! I think your response to the mouse running at you was perfectly normal. So what are you going to do with your million dollars?

Jenny said...

eeek! we had a mouse in our condo. never did catch it - we wanted it gone, not dead. maybe the mouse played a role in our buying a house . . . :)

funny you should post this today. another blog friend had a post today titled something about a mouse - only her "mouse" was her two year old who was sneaking chocolate. :)

nice job catching the mouse. those things are sooo fast.

Lynita said...

That is awesome! I think that you definately have to draw the line somewhere with pests, my brother and I had to suffocate a mama and her 4 baby mice once. It still haunts me, but they are so unhealthy to have around. Poor mice, too bad they are dirty, cuz they are so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...