Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ward Christmas Party

Dylan was supposed to dress as an angel or a shepherd for the primary part of the program. After much creative thought and hunting through thrift stores, this is what I came up with:


I got the robe and the stuffed sheep from D.I., then I got one of those large candy canes with lights in it (for yard decoration), pulled the lights and cords from it, and then wrapped it with brown paper to make a staff. I was kind of proud of myself! This is a picture of Dylan with other kids in his primary, singing:

And here are two videos of them singing. The first one is "O Little Town of Bethlehem." Dylan's not really into the singing aspect. He just kind of sways to the music. I later asked him why he didn't sing, and he said he was busy looking at all the people in the audience.

Here's the second video of them singing. In this one, they're singing "Away in a Manger." He's with older kids in this shot. Our ward's primary is so small that there is just one big primary, not junior primary and senior primary.


When Dylan was done with his part, he shed his costume, and Ben donned it, of course. I wish I had a picture of later on in the night, when he put on the robe over his clothes. It was very mini on him. It reminded me of those short robes that men wore in the sixties in James Bond movies.

This is Sadie with one of her nursery leaders, Lindsay. Sadie adores this gal. Sadly, Lindsay is going to BYU-Idaho in January, so Sadie might not as willingly go to nursery. She only goes to nursery when there is a blonde, young woman in there. It's so weird. I can just point her to any blonde, young woman, and she'll happily go into nursery. But, in the absence of such a person, she pitches a fit. Silly girl.

This is Dylan with Santa. We had to wait in line to see him, and some of the kids were being really naughty. Not all of them had their moms there to make sure they were being good, and there was a lot of elbowing and wrestling going on.

And Sadie with Santa. She wouldn't get near him unless I sat on his lap, and she on mine. I felt bad. The poor man must have been dying, with my weight on his poor leg!!



3 comments:

Jenny said...

cute!
we left our ward party before santa got there - don't tell my kids. :)

Carrie said...

Good job with the costume! Everyone had to dress up for our ward party this year. It was amazing. They turned the gym into Bethlaham. There were lots of robes and towels, but I didn't go all out like you.

Lynita said...

I showed Ryan the picture of Ben and he asked if one of your kids was retarded, he of course meant Ben! LOL! Those pix and videos were so cute! I think it is great that you guys got to go see all the trains. There is a guy in our Ward here that does that too, we still haven't made it by, maybe tomorrow! Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...