Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bad Enough to Blog About!

I love this. My friend, Megan, watched my kids on Monday, and just as I suspected, Dylan just about sent her to the funny farm. He's... hard. Megan is so funny - she actually blogged about it, and I just had to paste her entry onto my blog, since I want to print my blog out someday. Otherwise, I'd just send you to her blog. Megs is really sweet. She finds the nicest way possible to say the hard truth! (That Dylan is hard.) So here is her entry:


"Well, last night my friend Karlenn called and asked me to babysit her kids all day so she could go to work. Normally her mom does it, but she couldn’t do it last minute so Karlenn had to find someone else. I agreed and so they arrived at 7:45 this morning. The kids played together downstairs while I fed Micah his breakfast. The kids wanted a snack so I cut up an apple for them. Micah, meanwhile, laid down on the hard floor and just stayed there! I had to take a picture:)

"So cute right?:)


"And here’s Sadie eating her snack.

"Jonas [Megan's son] went to therapy at 10:00. We waited outside for his ride to come pick him up. It was nice to spend some time outside! I really don’t know how other women babysit kids other than their own! I think I’m just not cut out for it. LOL Being cooped inside with tons of kids asking me for food and drinks and whatever else.

"Anyway, When Jonas got back I started lunch and the kids ate. After that I’d had enough of the loudness of it all so I put on a movie and had them all lay down with a pillow and blanket. Micah took a nap upstairs in Jonas’ bed with pillows surrounding him. They actually watched the moving for about half an hour. Then Brynnan got hungry and so everyone else wanted a snack. ARGH!! And there went my sanity ! LOL Finally at about 3:00 I sent the kids outside and made them stay out there for at least an hour. Of course Dylan would pop in every once in a while to let me know what was going on outside. Karlenn, you are an amazing woman! I wonder if Brynnan will turn out like Dylan, always going going going! I went upstairs to clean up the lunch mess, which I had been dreading. I set Micah down in the boys’ bedroom where, 15 minutes later I found him laying on the floor near the doorway asleep! LOL It was so cute! When he woke up he was all happy and smiley! What a CUTE boy!!

"I thought this picture was just TOO cute!!:)

Dylan had been asking me every couple hours all day long if his mom was coming to get him yet. so finally at 5pm I told Dylan and Sadie they could go wait outside for their mom who was on her way. I think we were all excited to see Karlenn pull up! LOL Not that I don’t like her kids, Dylan is just a handful and add him to my boys and I really felt like I was going to pull my hair out!"


Just further evidence supporting my suspicion that Dylan might need ADHD testing. My mom gave me some research she found on the internet, and Dylan has every single thing on the lists of symptoms. It felt like each list was describing him to a t. I've talked to a lot of people who say that it's best to have an actual child psychologist do the testing. They are more thorough. I've heard that, often, if the school district does the testing, they are not quite so thorough. They make a blanket diagnosis and throw drugs at you. I just want to make sure that this is truly what Dylan has. I don't want to put him on some drug if his problem is just that he's a little intense. I think after Ben's next paycheck, I want to look at getting the testing done. I want to do it this summer before school starts, so that I'm prepared if there's an IEP meeting. We shall see.


Oh, and Megs, I took absolutely no offense to your funny stories of Dylan's intensity. I had a good belly laugh. (And I felt sorry for you. I owe you BIG TIME.)

6 comments:

Nat said...

I tried to comment on Megan's blog, but either I'm not smart enough or it just wouldn't let me... But I was going to tell her that I have a really hard time watching people's kids. I can handle, like, 2-3 hours, max. I think I would die if anyone asked me to do an all-day thing.

Unknown said...

Ok, so about the ADHD... I think Dylan is mostly just bright and bored, but then again I'm not around him as much as you are! :)

As far as the school not doing the thorough job, so true! if they diagnos it they have to be willing to pay for it, so NEVER trust them to get it right. Also, I hear that if you give an ADHD or ADD kid caffiene that it actually calms them. Just a thought. :)

Anonymous said...

I seriously thought Brynnan was a handful until I spent all day with Dylan! LOL He's a good kid, but yes, very intense. I've heard that caffiene calms ADHD too. You should try that Kar.

I'm the same as Nat, I can handle a few hours of babysitting, but that's about all.

Thanks for the adventure, but I don't think I'll be doing that again anytime soon! :)

Mindy H. said...

€I agree with Nat that other people's children are HARD. Even as an aunt, I have little to no problems with my own niblets, but toss anybody elses kids into the mix and I crack very quickly. Same thing with my kids at school. They are great when they are in MY room, but if I have to cover someone elses class for more than 15 minutes I end up wanting to kill them all!

I'm excited for you to get to be home with your kids. It makes such a difference in every aspect of their lives.

Gifford Family said...

Sounds rude.... but I hate babysitting other peoples kids. Don't give up hope on Dylan... Austin was exactly that way. He is starting to calm down a bit. I think it is a boy thing :)

Lynita said...

Wow sounds like a busy day, I must be nuts cuz I volunteer to watch everyone's kids! LOL! Hope the evaluation goes well, nothing more important than finding out the truth and the best way to take care or Dylan so he has a great life. I am getting Ethan evaluated for early intervention, sensory, speech, and occupational.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...