Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dylie is Six!

Dylan turned six a couple of weeks ago. I've decided only to give my kids "friend parties" every other year. Too stressful and expensive. So this was the "off year." We just had my family over, which was great.

Ben is really into making cakes lately, which I'm fine with. He concocted this beauty for Dylan's birthday:


It's a layer of brownie, a layer of vanilla ice cream, another layer of brownie, with hot fudge drizzled over the whole thing. I'm not much of a chocolate lover, but this was pretty dang good.
Here is Dyls, blowing out the candles:


And unwrapping one of his presents - a new bat:

And a slide show of some more gifts and of everyone that was at the party:




3 comments:

Nat said...

What a cutie! Yeah, I'm TOTALLY not doing friend parties every year; I'm good with every other year, too.

Amy said...

Looks like a great party- and a yummy chocolate bownie ice cream cake! My kids only get friend parties when I feel like it. But definitely not every year, and not until they are 5.

Lynita said...

I can't believe what a yummy and beautiful cake Ben made! Happy Birthday Dylan, sounds like the perfect party!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...