Tuesday, June 30, 2009

They Like to Sew.

My family and I have a little code phrase when we're saying someone is gay. We say that "they like to sew." I'm not sure where that came from, but it makes us giggle. My mom and both mothers-in-law like to sew, but they're not gay. :)

My mom is an amazing seamstress. When I was in high school, she sewed all of my prom dresses, and though I make fun of them now (because they have poofy sleeves and white appliques - popular in the early nineties, but not now), at the time, I was thrilled with them. She made her own dresses while she was in high school. Every summer, she would have me do a sewing project. And every summer, I messed the project up. I just really hate sewing. I don't have enough patience. I can hem stuff and sew patches on, but that's about it.

Ben's stepmom has started making dresses and selling them online. Ben says she's been doing really well. I really need to start my own etsy to sell my cards. It's on my To Do list. My mom recently made some dresses for Sadie, as well, and I wanted to show the dresses from both moms on here. They are soooo cute.

The dresses Ben's stepmom, Brenda, made:




And three dresses my mom made:







Thank you so much, Mom and Bren! Those dresses are the CUTEST. I love little girl clothes soooo much.

6 comments:

Megann said...

Very cute. Sadie looks real happy in that last picture.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those dresses are all so CUTE! I wish I could sew! I sewed half of a dress in High School and I don't think it ever got finished. I'm sure my mom still has it in her drawers somewhere. LOL I did sew a top and bottom set of pj's for Brynnan about a year and a half ago. It was really hard! I'm not very good at it and don't have the patience either!

Patty said...

Girl. I definately want a girl. With those clothes, why wouldn't you want a girl?

Amy said...

I'm lucky enough to have a great MIL who sews amazing things. She even made my wedding dress! I have not been given this gift or the patience to develop it, but I can appreciate those who do.

Lynita said...

Wow, those are adorable! You are so lucky to have such creative and talented moms!

The Dillons said...

I really love the dresses. She looked so cute on Sunday! I had fun with her. Your mom does an awesome job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...