Monday, June 15, 2009

I'm Outta Here!

Meaning.... (drumroll, please).... I just gave my two weeks' notice!! After six months of disagreeing, tweaking our budget, crying, talking, and praying, we're going to try to have me quit. I'm going to bump up my hours at my dad's office a little bit, and when work there runs out, hopefully Ben will have gotten a raise by then. If he hasn't, then he said (and I'm holding him to it) that he'll get a night job to help us make ends meet.

I cannot express how thankful I am. I have missed my kids so much for the past six months. It's been hard on all of us. I'll just work a couple of evenings a week for my dad, which won't be bad. We won't have to worry about finding baby-sitters at the last minute. It will be fantastic. These next two weeks are going to crawl.

Thanks, Mom, for baby-sitting the kids for these last two months. It has meant a lot to me. Just three more 8-hour torture fests to go until you're free!!! (Dylan is... challenging. I love him, but he's hard.)

My office manager, the therapists, and the doctors have been very understanding. I told them (and this is true) that this has been my favorite job that I've ever had. It's been fascinating, funny, and interesting. I will miss them a lot. And I'll even miss a few of our patients. Some of our patients I will NOT miss... :) I'll have to dedicate a post of the funniest, weirdest things that have happened here at the Funny Farm. :) It's been very entertaining.

But it's time to get back to the most important people in my life - my kids.

11 comments:

Nat said...

Wow, you really have been there for six months! It doesn't seem like it; this year has FLOWN for me! Hey, I need to call you; we need to (maybe) do one of those free movies; they start this week.

Unknown said...

I really hope that staying home works out for everyone. I know there was a time before Jer got his current job that I just flat out quit my job and we tried living with me at home for a bit. It didn't work out so well. So I ended up working at Chesbros until Jer got his current job.

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm so happy for you!! I don't know how working moms do it. I think it's hard being a SAHM, but having a fulltime job and then coming home tired to your kids! I don't know if I could ever do that! You're amazing Kar!

Jenny said...

i hope everything works out and i'm glad you get to be home with your kiddos.

Mindy H. said...

Congrats on your liberation from the "working world". I'm sure you will end up working twice as hard at home (moms usually do) but being with your kids full time will make all the difference. I'm glad things are working out the way you want them too and I hope the blessings keep coming.

Megann said...

Yay! Megan and I were talking on Sunday, after you called her, and were feeling sorry for you. Now we don't have to!! Congratulations.

Amy said...

Congrats!! Enjoy your summer with the kids. So many things to do...

J + A Humphreys said...

Yay for you, Karlenn! Your family has been through a lot and you stepped up and did what you had to. So glad you can get back to what you WANT to do. It's true, SAHM is a hard job and not nearly as rewarding (at least not right now for me) as I would like, but I wouldn't want my kids to be with anyone else.

The Dillons said...

Yay! That is exciting! I am glad you will be able to spend more time with your kids! YOu are awesome!

Carrie said...

Congrats! That is great. There is nothing like working full time to make one appreciate staying home.

Lynita said...

I am so stoked for you! I hope that you will be able to stay home with the kiddos from now on!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...