Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Conglomeration of Cards

Making homemade cards is one of my most favorite things to do. Someday I really do want to open an etsy shop. What I'm kind of doing right now is...I don't know...creating an inventory. When I come up with an idea for a card, I don't just make one. I make 25 or so. And I keep 'em for the eventual time when I'm ready to do the etsy thing. Someday.

This is the card I designed for my mom to send people for Christmas - we worked on them together:

Here's the card I made to send out to friends and family for Christmas:

A wintery-based thank-you card:

A birthday card:

A Valentine's Day card:

The young women in our ward do an annual fundraiser; you pay to attend and have a dinner they make, and then members of the ward bring things to auction off. It's a silent auction. One year I brought some homemade rolls; this year, I thought, since I have all of these cards sitting in my storage room, I might as well auction some of them off for a good cause.

So I put together two of each card I have and put them in a cute little basket I had on hand:

I had some cards I made back in 2007 - graduation cards that say '07 over and over again on them. I revamped them so that they now say '12. The old card is on the right; the new one is on the left:

Another view of the revamped card:

I'm working on some spring-themed thank-you cards right now; they're "terrif," as Millie from Thoroughly Modern Millie would say. In fact, I paused that very movie to skype with the hubby and write this post, so I shall now return to it. My plan is to sit on my butt, sip icewater, peruse the new People magazine, and listen to Julie Andrews sing "Baby Face." The best musical EVER.

6 comments:

Emily Empey said...

I love love LOVE your cards!! Yes you should do an etsy shop! I loved your card you gave me when i had my thyroid cancer radiation.... it was such cute Get Well card!!! I still had it in fact! its in storage with all my special cards! :)

Unknown said...

your cards are SO cute. you should totally open an etsy shop!!!
- Lexy

Anonymous said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!! I LOVE your cards! I have an idea for you that I'll call you about. I think it'll make your life a little easier for your Etsy shop. I LOVE the Christmas card! you are really good at making cards!:)

Mindy H. said...

I am in awe of your crafty abilities! My friend Valerie is into cards and had tried to teach me, but alas and alack, I have not talent for it. Therefore you should most certainly sell the cute cards so that I can buy them and pretend that I made them ;-)

Nat said...

Your cards are so cute. You definitely got all of Mom's crafty genes.

Patty said...

That IS the best musical ever. And not very well known.
RASPBERRIES!
Your cards are amazing, little jazz baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...