Monday, March 12, 2012

A Very Cold Photo Shoot

Oh, my poor friend Megs. She's in...semi-retirement? Hahaha! Well, she doesn't take tons of pictures anymore. I asked her if she felt like taking ours, for old times' sake, and she agreed, which I was ecstatic about. Thanks so much, Megsie.

And then we waited wayyyyy too long to get it done - we didn't end up taking them until early November, and oh baby, was it ever cold. I checked the car thermostat when we were finished, and it was reading only 40 degrees outside. And there we were, in just shirts and pants. Yikes.

As a result of the icy temperatures, the kids had a reeeeeally hard time posing. Or smiling. It was a toughie. Poor Megs was a really good sport. And now I've learned my lesson - get 'er DONE. EARLY. Before the temperatures near the freezing point.

Megs and I had gone out scouting locations a couple of weeks before we took the pictures. We found the most charming little meadow near Heise - there's a trailer for sale in said meadow, so Megs called the phone number of the dude who is selling it, and he allowed us to take pictures in there. She brought her cute little red couch, which made for a really great setup, I think:




Dylan was being so spastic that day. It was really ticking me off:

Then we headed over to this barn where my cousin got married a couple of years ago. It's situated in this beautiful valley and overlooks the prettiest field. When we were out scouting, there were some dudes flying their RC airplanes in the field, and we asked if they knew who owned the property; as a matter of fact, they did, and they gave us the phone number of the owners, who also readily agreed to letting us take pictures there. They have the coolest old car next to the barn - perfect for taking pictures on/in/near:





Mikey really struggled with the cold.

And the ONLY picture we got of Gage where he wasn't crying is over there to the right of my blog page.

Ben's a natural in front of the camera. I really struggle.



Thanks a million billion for taking our pics, Megs.

The best part of the night, in my opinion, was stopping in at Heise for some pizza. That was FANTASTIC.

And now I need to save up some money to get these puppies printed and up on our wall! Yes, I know it's been four months...

9 comments:

Patty said...

Heise pizza is THE best.
And is that a belt and sweater combo? Tres chic!
And those boots!
Go Kar!

Ben said...

Suck in that gut Ben! Flex those flabby pecks! Oh well. I tried;) You look great Kar. Be sure to load these to smugmug!

Lyndsay said...

Super cute!! You are one stylin' Mama, Kar!!! And seriously, could Gage be any cuter? Those eyes!!

Anonymous said...

Besides how cold it was I really did think your kids did awesome!:) I really loved doing this session!! The colors were perfect! Thanks for letting me! It's always a pleasure:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and the pizza was great!! Thanks for the treat!:)

Brooke said...

These pics are great!! I love them!!!

Emily Zoe Hale said...

Love you pictures! The location is beautiful! And you look fantastic!!!

Emily Zoe Hale said...

*your

Emily Empey said...

ahhh how cute are these!!! YOu look gorgeous in the pictures!!!! love your family!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...