Monday, September 8, 2014

How Fare My Oregonians?

They seem to be holding up.  Dylan continually bets me that he misses me more than I miss him.  I categorically deny that claim.  There is no way he could miss me more than I miss him.  I worry about Sadie making friends.  Ben is sad and misses us all being together.  It's not a fun situation in any way; I just don't see another way where I can have a full-time caregiver when things get really rough.  I've heard chemo #2 will be worse.  My friend Kathleen is taking me and I know she will be dragging me in there...

Ugh.  Don't even want to think about that right now.

So Gloria, my sweet mother-in-law, helped Ben and the kids get settled in, registered, find kids to walk with, etc. before she left, and I'm so glad.  On the eve of her departure, Ben whispered to me a frightened, "I don't want her to go..."  It made me laugh and reminded me of any time my mom came to visit for a week or two after I had a baby.  Whenever it was time for her to go back home, I had this major panic attack.  It's hard. Feeling like a single parent isn't easy.  I remember.  I was a single parent for 10 months when Ben was in China.  So now he gets to have a little taste of that.  It's a pretty easy taste, honestly.  He has only two with him!  Haha!  And it's only for four months.  With a visit once per month.  We can do this.  Easy peasy.

Here are some pics Gloria sent of the apartment and the kiddos:
 Kind of cool-looking.  And Ben says it's in a great neighborhood.


My kiddos on the first day of school.  Just a warning - you will be treated to like seven genuine smiles from Sadie in the following pictures and like seven complete fake smiles from Dylan (who should be smiling like a little leprechaun now that his braces are off).  He is horrible at smiling for pictures.  Like Chandler on Friends. :)

 Living room (teeny weeny):
That is a bathroom door.  That the couch runs into.  We're talking teeny weeny here:
 Itty bitty kitchen (sigh):
We sold our gorgeous, huge table and now use my old scrapbooking table for eating again:
Could she be any cuter?  No.



 Could his smile be any more hilarious?  No.



Master Bedroom:

I'll get Ben to send some photos of the master bedroom and the upstairs loft, where we'll probably put Gage and Micah.

It's a little place, but it looks decent and clean, and that's really all you can ask for, right?  I had my dream house for 8 months, but houses don't mean much.  What I've gone through puts a lot of things into perspective.  As long as I have my family with me, that's really all that matters.  I can have a tiny living room and a tiny kitchen.  Big love grows in small houses.

4 comments:

Mindy H. said...

Wow! What a cute little home! It looks so clean and comfortable and cozy.And when all of you get to be reunited under its adorable roof, it is going to be filled with so much love and happiness and gratitude.

oakleyses said...

louis vuitton outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, gucci outlet, prada outlet, longchamp handbags, louis vuitton handbags, burberry outlet, longchamp outlet, nike free, air max, coach outlet store online, oakley sunglasses, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online sale, polo ralph lauren, louis vuitton, christian louboutin, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, kate spade outlet, coach outlet, ray ban sunglasses, chanel handbags, louis vuitton outlet stores, louboutin shoes, tiffany and co, michael kors outlet, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tory burch outlet, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet, prada handbags, coach factory outlet, oakley sunglasses cheap, michael kors outlet, air max, jordan shoes, coach purses, tiffany and co, longchamp handbags, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

celine handbags, nfl jerseys, bottega veneta, new balance shoes, p90x, rolex watches, ugg boots clearance, valentino shoes, ugg boots, uggs outlet, mont blanc, soccer jerseys, longchamp, jimmy choo outlet, ugg pas cher, vans shoes, birkin bag, hollister, insanity workout, ferragamo shoes, abercrombie and fitch, instyler, wedding dresses, herve leger, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, north face jackets, nike roshe run, canada goose outlet, canada goose jackets, ugg australia, beats by dre, mcm handbags, canada goose, north face outlet, canada goose, marc jacobs, lululemon outlet, chi flat iron, giuseppe zanotti, soccer shoes, canada goose, babyliss pro, uggs, asics running shoes, ugg, ugg boots, ghd

oakleyses said...

baseball bats, links of london, timberland boots, canada goose, canada goose uk, louboutin, hollister clothing store, ugg, moncler outlet, vans, pandora charms, gucci, karen millen, hollister, oakley, pandora jewelry, lancel, moncler, coach outlet store online, toms shoes, air max, louis vuitton, rolex watches, ralph lauren, converse, moncler, ugg, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, hollister, ray ban, wedding dresses, converse shoes, moncler, juicy couture outlet, moncler, thomas sabo, pandora charms, swarovski, parajumpers, iphone 6 cases, juicy couture outlet, moncler, canada goose, montre homme, moncler, air max

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...