Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Spreading Jimmy's Ashes

A couple of weeks ago, my best friend Pooh and her family came up to Grand Targhee to spread some of her younger brother, Jimmy's, ashes. Jimmy was an amazing snowboarder - he spent most of his time on the mountain. So Pooh's family has been spreading some of his ashes on some of his favorite mountains. It's been a year since Jimmy's death, and it's been so hard. I think of you every day, Pooh. I know you miss him terribly.

Grand Targhee was kind of in between the ski season and the summer season, so nothing was open. I wish we could have taken the chair lift to the top, but oh well. We walked a ways up one of the cat tracks to do it.

We had a little moment where Bethie shared a scripture, and then had Davey (Pooh's other brother) share another scripture:


Then we had a little prayer, and then all of us took turns spreading Jimmy's ashes. This is Bethie, Pooh and Jimmy's mom:


Then we walked to the lodge and spread some over a patio where Pooh's family has always eaten when they've gone skiing there:


Ben took gorgeous pictures up there - here's a slideshow:




Thanks for letting my family participate in this, Pooh. It was so good to see everyone and to remember Jimmy.

2 comments:

H said...

Thanks so much for doing this Kar. It means the world to me! You are the best friend ever!! I am going to be sharing with my whole family. Love you.

Lynita said...

What a beautiful way to keep his memory alive. Pooh if you're reading this; I hope that your heart will always remember the good times and be full.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...