Friday, September 17, 2010

Benny Bones' Birthday

Yeah, his birthday was July 18. I'm just a leetle behind. Do you mind that I'm posting about something that happened so long ago?

I was watching Cake Boss today; I really wish I could make cool cakes like that. Maybe sometimes I'll have the time and the energy to go down that road. Using fondant and all of that. My pregnant self could only muster a plain chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, baked in a 9X13 pan:


We put three candles on one side, and four on the other, to stand for "34." I've now known Ben for ten years. I threw him a birthday party for his 24th birthday; we had been dating only a few weeks. We were both so skinny and peppy back then...

I'm the coolest wife ever. I got Ben some great stuff. Whitman's chocolates, the Twilight graphic novel (Ben is a major Twi-Hard), the New Moon soundtrack (which he listens to every single day when he's driving to and from work), and a couple of other books to read when he donates plasma.

The kids picked a card out for Ben - it was a 4th of July card. I protested, but it was a pop-up card, and they were so in love with it, I gave in. Ben liked it:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Birthday Ben!! I need to record these things because I never remember friends' birthdays! I'm SO BAD!!:P That's funny that the kids picked out a 4th of july card:)

Patty said...

Kole and Ben have the same birthday. That'll be easy to remember. You ARE an outstanding wife. Isn't it strange to think how long we've known or spouse-olas?

The word verificcation is: gyroli. I like that.

Nat said...

You are a GREAT cake-maker! I just threw cakes together this year. My poor kids will have ugly cake issues.

And YAY for Ben! Though I always get his bday and my other bro-in-law's bdays mixed up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...