Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bracelets

We had a family get-together at my Aunt Marilyn's house a couple of months ago. We usually all sit around the table or the kitchen island and chat when we get together. And eat. We do a lot of eating. This time, on her table, she had a bunch of beads and that stretchy stuff you can use to make bracelets! So we created while we chatted. It was so much fun! What a good idea. Here are my concoctions:


Not bad, not bad. Lisa and Ashley, two of my cousins' wives, thought the beads that are on the bracelet to the left were butt-ugly, but I kind of like them. I don't have one blasted thing that matches that bracelet, but oh well. The one on the right is wayyy too tight. I need to purchase a couple of beads to add to it and make it larger for my beefy wrist.

Ashley has such an artistic eye. She knew what would look good, what order in which to put the beads on the bracelet, etc. She's really crafty.

Kortney, my cousin, was stressing out because she didn't think her bracelet looked quite right. She spent the whole time fretting over just one bracelet. That is so her!

Lisa saw Micah and said, "What an attractive child." Then it occurred to her that he strikes her as attractive because he is the identical toddler twin to her boys when they were little. He has their same head shape - kind of larger, with the back of the skull kind of flat. :) He looks like he could belong in Lisa's family, for sure.

Boyd gave me a hug and told me how worried he was about me with my pregnancy. He has such a tender heart. It meant a lot to me that he cared.

I haven't done anything with jewelery for like a year, so it was really fun to put these bracelets together. I'm making necklaces at my mom's Super Saturday next month, and I'm totally excited about it. I love doing artsy things.

3 comments:

lexykay said...

that was really fun just hanging out around the table with everyone. i wish that i had made one but there were few beads and options left and i'm not very creative when it comes to that stuff. good times :D

Mindy H. said...

Visiting, creating, AND eating? Sounds like a blast. I think the out bracelets turned out beautifully. Nicely done!

Nat said...

It was fun to sit and talk with everyone. Dude, I'm going to need some help when we do the necklace things in a couple of weeks. I just don't have an artsy eye like you do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...