Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Transition

Just a couple of weeks before the Gagemeister was born, we decided to transition Micah from a crib to a Big Boy Bed. We moved him into the same room as Dylan, into the bottom bunk of the bunk bed, and we put Sadie into Micah's old room.

My poor parents kept an my old bed set in their storage room for five years for us, until it was time for this transition, which was REALLY, REALLY nice of them. Benny set everything up on his birthday. He is the best:

I wouldn't want to do something like that on my birthday.

The floors in that room were sanded by the last guy who lived here; we haven't had time to refinish them yet. They look really dusty, but they're only moderately dusty in real life. :)

Sadie's reaction to the transition:


Micah's reaction to the transition:


It took him a couple of weeks to get used to it. We had to have Dylan sleep in the living room a couple of times while we locked Micah in the bedroom - he was screaming bloody murder and keeping Dylan up. Sometimes he gets up and comes and bugs me and Ben when he's supposed to be going to sleep, but it's not too bad - maybe once or twice per night. When Dylan was two, and we transitioned him to a Big Boy Bed, he would LITERALLY get out of his bed and bug us FIFTY TIMES PER NIGHT. I'm not eggagerating. I counted once. I was trying to be all Nanny 911 and take him back into his room over and over again (I had so much more energy back then), but finally I had to just lock the kid into his room every night. You gotta do what you gotta do.

6 comments:

Nat said...

LOVE that face that Micah is making!! Hilarious.

Oh, and we've locked all our kids in, until they get a little older. It makes for better bedtimes for us and for the kid.

Anonymous said...

I hate the transition period! Jonas would bang his head on the door for at least half an hour if we locked it!! His forhead was purple for about 6 months or so!!

Unknown said...

I agree with Nat... I literally started cracking up when I saw his face. Poor kid!

Luckily I've never had to lock any of my kids in, but I think that is just the lot I've pulled... instead I have to deal with potty training until they are 500000 years old.

Ah fun time. Glas Sades is happy :)

Emily Empey said...

hahaha LOVE THE FACE MAKING from the transitions! AND i love your blogs picture of all your kiddos!! Micah picking his nose hahahahahaha SOOO CUTE! CLASSIC really!

Mindy H. said...

Oh my goodness! I am so digging the contrast between the photos! I hope Micah gets over his new room fears quickly so that the baby is the only one waking you up at night.

Patty said...

I am totally resorting to you for all mothering advice. Micah looks like he's heading for death row. He looks so scared.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...