Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rigby Lake - Apparently, a Place for Romantic Trysts

So. My friend Megs and I decided to take our kiddos to Rigby Lake. This was when we were both enormously pregnant. And it was like 95 degrees outside. We're crazy.

I could not, for the life of me, remember how to get there. I went last year, but my mommy had driven, so I hadn't paid attention. So I did an internet search. Sometimes, when I scan the results of my search, I don't read the titles of the websites I'm looking at - just at the little two- or three-sentence description underneath. I was scanning the descriptions and saw one that looked like just what I needed - a turn-by-turn set of directions. So I clicked on the site, and lo and behold, it was a website called Cruising Gay, or something like that. I was like, huh? I guess this website is dedicated to places where you can, if you're a gay dude, meet other gay dudes. And I guess Rigby Lake is hoppin' with that kind of action. I was like, "Rigby Lake??? Really???" It was all, "The best time to hook up is in the evenings. There are lots of meadows where you can go and be alone..." Who knew?? I didn't realize there was that big of a gay population in Rigby. You learn something new every day.

Anyways, the website really gave awesome directions. Thanks, Cruising Gay.

Megs and her kiddos could only stay for like an hour. They all had fun playing together, though. Sadie and Brynnan would run down the sloping beach to the water, over and over:

We got to utilize our newly-acquired sand toys. Pregnant me with Mikey:

Dylan made a little "lake" with a river that ran down to join the real lake:


Here are Megs and Jonas:

She had her swimsuit on, but she wouldn't take her shirt off, because she was so embarrassed of her belly. I couldn't believe how far out her belly stretched! Tinian was a big, big baby. And she is a little, little person. There's no where else to go but OUT when you're as teeny as Megs is.

Jonas had a hard time keeping his balance in the water, so Sadie held his hand:

I thought that was so cute.

And I love this shot, because it shows her little butt cheeks sticking out of her swimsuit:

She has such a long torso - we have a hard time finding suits that fit her body. I have the same problem. If we buy a suit her size, it gives her wedgies. If we get one a size bigger, no wedgies, but the top is too roomy. It's an issue.

Megs had to take off, but my kids and I stayed for quite a bit. I had the wonderful opportunity of blowing up the dang tube (my least favorite thing to do):

The tube was a hot commodity. All three kids fought over the dang thing the whole time we were there. It was super-special.

Micah wouldn't float in the toddler floatie, so Sadie decided to give up the Red Tube Fight and try it out. I can't believe she didn't sink!! I didn't think it would hold her weight:

They've added something new since last year. Or maybe I didn't notice it last year. A dock thingey way far out, with a slide on it:


It looks like a blast. You can slide right into the water. Dylan swam all the way out there in his life vest and went down it a few times. If I didn't have Clingey Micah with me, I might have gone out with the other two and slid down it.

I remembered to lube up the kids, but I ran out of time/forgot to put sunscreen on myself, so I got crispy crittered. Suuuuch a bad sunburn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so much fun!! We should totally do that next year when we're not so huge and preggo!:)

Emily Empey said...

that sounds like fun!! I want to come with you guys next year!!! Loved the pics!

Nat said...

So fun! We'll have to go next year. It looks way suped up since we went when we were kids! (Whoa, that sentence had a lot of "w"s!!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...