Friday, February 24, 2012

Trick-or-Treating: Strike Two

Nat called me one day and was like, "Let's take our kids to this Trick-or-Treat Street thingey I've been hearing so much about!" I halfheartedly agreed. I was just being all kinds of Scroogey about Halloween this year. Oh, wait. I'm Scroogey about Halloween EVERY year. It's not my favorite holiday. All those costumes and makeup...and being so uncomfortable in said costumes....kids hopped up on candy for weeks afterward...it's just not my bag.

Look, Micah actually decided to wear his costume!:

But by the time we got over there, he had shed almost all of it. So funny. He's a kid after my own heart.

Both Brock and Dylan were vampires, each with a different take. Brock was going for the purple look, and Dylan did more of a kind of iridescent baby blue look. So funny. Here they are, facing off (not really):

Brock's vampire teeth cracked me up so much. They were enormous inside of his mouth, but dang it, he was going to keep those suckers in his mouth for the duration of the evening:

Sadie LOVES wearing makeup.

Ivy was dressed as "Tangled":

I love how kids refer to Rapunzel the character as "Tangled." So, so, so cute.

It was FREEZING COLD that night. It was so weird, because it had been a really pleasant, jackets-only type of day, and it very, very quickly plummeted into the 40s or so. We stood in line for ten billion years, and we got more and more miserable with each passing minute.

Have I ever told you how much I love those hats Ben got for me in China?

This is one of my very, very favorite pics of Troy Boy:

Could you just die? I have the cutest niblets this side of the Pecos.

There were some really clever outfits there on the other kids and adults who aren't Scroogey:




Jake was a ninja:

Dylan did his own makeup again. I'm not sure where he learned that vampires have raccoon circles around their eyes, but whatevs.

Hm. His teeth were too big for his mouth, as well. Look at Brock's face in that picture. Hahahaha!

After waiting for, I don't know - half an hour??? 45 minutes? We'd had it. We had barely moved forward in line, and it was sooooo frigid. So, um, once again, my kids didn't get to trick-or-treat. Dylan was sooooooooooooo sad. Rightfully so. I promised him that I'd go to Walmart and buy him the equivalent amount of candy that he would have gotten on Trick-or-Treat Street. Which I then forgot to do. Like we've already established - I'm a rotten parent. :)

Mom and Dad wanted us to come over so they could see the kids' costumes and take pictures, and my mom showered the kids with loads of candy, which made them feel a little bit better about yet another trick-or-treating disappointment. Then we just kind of hung out.

Ben slipped Ivy's "Tangled" wig on Gage, and we laughed and laughed. These pictures still make me chuckle.


I think Gage is wayyy too pretty to be a boy. He's quite convincing in this wig. I mean, if you saw this picture and you didn't know him, you'd totally think he was a girl, right?:

Look at those luscious lips!

He kept examining the individual hairs, like, "What the crap IS this stuff?" He couldn't be any cuter.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad we didn't go to that! We were going to but kind of forgot. lol Gage is SO funny!! He totally does look like a believable girl in the wig! How cute:)

Lyndsay said...

You know - with 1 or 2 kids I loved dressing the kiddos up, but now with 5 of them. Ugh. I hear ya. I have told my kids I will go out and buy them a bag of whatever candy they want, but it just doesn't work. Besides, Halloween is Brad's (dh) most favorite holiday, he loves it. He starts on the costumes in July.

Emily Empey said...

haha we gave up too after an hour at that thing!!! Love the rapunzel hair on gage! My friend and i were just talking the other day how funny it was that Rapunzel is "Tangled" not Rapunzel! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...