Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Do not pass go; do not collect $200.

The kids are really, really into playing board games and card games lately. This is a pic of Sadie and I (when I was pregnant) playing Littlest Pet Shops Go Fish:

Ye-es, that's a heating pad on my tummy. I know it's bad. But I had the worst stomachache ever - I was doubled over and nothing was helping, so I put the heating pad just up under my boobs, against where the pain was, for five minutes, and it helped a LOT. I didn't do that very often, but I was really desperate. Sorry, Gage, for baking you.

Have I mentioned lately how much I love not being pregnant??


Back to the topic at hand. Dylan and Sadie's current favorite game is Monopoly. Their sole goal is to build houses and hotels. They don't care if they have to mortgage their other properties, or if they are only left with two dollars to their name - they want to buy and build as many houses and hotels as possible. Ben and I really love Monopoly - we always played it together when we were newleyweds. So we get a kick out of playing it with them.

4 comments:

Mindy H. said...

They must get their desire to build things from their architect daddy. I'm a glad that your kids have fun playing Monopoly. When my siblings were that age, the game was mostly just a catalyst for fist fights ;-D

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's been so LONG since I've played that game!! We don't even have it. Maybe I should buy it and play it with the kids. Brynnan gets bored playing board games still though. I wonder if he'll ever like them. LOL

Nat said...

Oooh, I HATE Monopoly. You'd think I'd like it because of the money aspect, but no. My kids insist on playing games like this, but they (and I) don't have the patience to do it the right way.

Emily Empey said...

I LOVE MONOPOLY! I haven't played in SO long! I will have to play it again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...