Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tinian's Beginian

My friend, Megs, had her baby a couple of weeks before I had mine. I was so happy for her! She was one miserable preggo lady. We were in the Miserable Preggo Ladies' Club. I was president. She was vice president. Patty was secretary.

They named him Tinian - he weighed a solid nine pounds. It was the summer of the big babies, I guess! (Except for Gage. But he was big for his earlyness. The biggest one in the NICU, by far.) I visited Megs a couple of times in the hospital. I saw her the day after she had Tinian - I was quite literally in the neighborhood, since I was still getting my weekly ultrasounds at that point. Which we will be paying off for roughly one million years. And then I think I either visited her later that night with sno cone in tow, or maybe the next day. I am of the opinion that when one visites someone else, they should always, always bring a sno cone. Can I get a what-what??

Marky-Mark holding the little man:


We should call Megs' family Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. Yep, I've decided. That is how they will forthwith be known.

Megs, radiant and smiling:


I'd be smiling too, if I was pint-sized, yet successfully pushed out a nine-pounder. I'm proud of you, Megs.

Tinian is be-a-utiful. He smells amazing and has the softest hair this side of the pecos. He always sleeps and rests with at least one arm up over his head. He loves, loves, loves being held and snuggled. He is the identical twin to his brother, Brynnan. Jonas and Brynnan take wonderful care of him. They are fantastic brothers. Tinian eats like a champ and is pleasingly plump. He has held his head up almost from day one. He's a strong little tyke.

Hooray for baby boys!! Have you noticed how many boys people are having lately, versus girls? Is it just me, or are there wayyyy more boys than girls being born these days? A gal in my ward thinks this is because the second coming is soon, and Heavenly Father needs more boys to fight. I don't like to think about that AT ALL.

2 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I agree about the baby boys, I was the only one having a girl last fall out of the 5 preggo ladies in my ward. I guess Autumn will enjoy that in about 20 years!!!

Also, when I had my miscarriage (almost 6 years ago) there were 4 other ladies in our ward (well, one was in the stake I guess) that miscarried all within 2 weeks. That was a little strange.

Emily Empey said...

Tinian is so cute! i am glad megs had him when she did! she was looking miserable! she looks great in that picture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...