Friday, October 15, 2010

Le Picnique

If I recall correctly, "picnique" is French for "picnic." I may be totally off-base with that. And I can't remember if it's feminine or masculine. I took a stab at it with "le." I had to take all of this French in college, and as soon as I was done with that last, horrible essay test, I expelled all French from my brain, except for really unusable sentences, like, "Il y a beaucoup de fourchettes aux Etats-Unis dans le frigo avec le bier de fromage." That means, "There are a lot of forks in the United States in the fridge with the cheese beer."

About a week before I went into labor, my sweet ma took my kids and me on a Kentucky Fried Chicken picnic. Ohhhh, how I love their biscuits. I could eat them for every meal.

We sat just inside Lilac Circle in Tautphaus Park. Have I told you that lilacs are my favorite flower? True story. They were finished blooming at this time, unfortunately.

Dylan was REALLY hyper:

That's him, doing a backbend on the bench. Fun times. Dylan? Hyper? you ask. Yes. Yes, he was. Mom gave him a chore to occupy himself, telling him to pick up the garbage around Lilac Circle. Apparently, someone had a birthday party there, and they left tons and tons of garbage on the grass. Mom paid Dylan one cent per piece of garbage picked up. Pretty nice wages, if you ask me. He got tired of it after picking up about 20 things. If I had been in his place, I would have been running around, picking up garbage and counting, for hours. I like having money.

There was a lady mowing the lawn in the distance:

And Micah kept a very, very close eye on her. He's scared of lawnmowers, if you recall:

He is so cute. I love those cheeks of his. So soft and kissable.

Mom and Mikey:


Sades, using her spork:

I think "spork" is fun to say.

As you can see in that pic, Sadie is wearing her hair down. Sadie has been asking me to keep her hair down a lot lately. She always says, "I want my hair smoove." (Meaning "smooth." She can't make that final /th/ sound.) Speaking of Sadie's hair, she gave herself a haircut yesterday. Just one chop, in the front, up to her chin. I told her we might have to cut her hair all to her chin, and she cried and cried. So I said that we could probably get it layered. Next month, when Ben gets paid again. I'm glad it wasn't a horrible hack job. My friend Lyndsay's daughter just cut her own hair (with the help of her brother), and mama mia. There was some major damage done. :)


Anyways. Thanks, Ma. Going out to lunch every now and then really makes life feel a little less hard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eating out DOES make life easier!! I wish we had relatives closer to spoil us like that:)

I'm glad Sadie didn't hack a bunch of her hair off!!

Kristen said...

I really like Sadie's hair down. Way cute. Jenna cut a chunk of her hair a few weeks ago too, but luckily it blended into her layers. Good things since her hair is so short. Your kids are getting so big.

Nat said...

Dude, KFC sounds SO good!!! And I have forgotten all of my French. All two high school years of it. Someday we'll have to go to France, just to practice. Or, you know, Quebec.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...