Sunday, October 17, 2010

Troy's Boithday


My sweet nephew, Troy, turned four a couple of months ago. He doesn't look like he's four, because he's a very tiny man, but he acts like he's 20. Very mature. He has always liked hanging out with the adults when we get together. It's really cute. He also has crazy strong stomach muscles and can scale any vertical thing. He's freakishly strong. My favorite Troy story - Like a year or two ago, Troy was kind of grumpy, whining and whatnot. Nat said, "Troy, are you tired?" "No," he wailed, "I'm just AWESOME!!" That makes me laugh so hard. He's adorable.

We had a leetle get-together to celebrate. Mom and I (obviously, I was still pregnant):


That shirt is so stained. I gave it to Megs, along with all the rest of my preggie clothes. Megs, you can just throw that shirt away. Or use it to sleep in or something. I'm kind of embarrassed I put it in the maternity clothes box that I gave to you. I'm also embarrassed that a couple of maternity garmies got left in that box, too. I really thought I had taken them all out and disposed of them properly. Sorry about the awkwardness you felt in having seen my maternity skivvies. :)

I took a pic of Dad when he walked in. He was a few minutes late - I think he had been golfing:

Me, Dylie, and Mom:


Ivy was mad about something, and my dad is really, really tan:

Troy opening his presents:

Ivy got a Littlest Pet Shop at McDonald's that day. (Sadie still calls them "Littlest Ketchups," "Ketchups" for short. Yesterday, she told Megs' husband, Mark, that she got some Ketchups for her birthday. He was thoroughly confused.) She was sooo excited:


Troy's new bike:


I cannot get over how much Troy looks like Nat when she was a kid. They are children twins, just like Dylan and I are children twins.
Dude, I still haven't gotten Sadie a bike yet, and she's FIVE! That's on the agenda for next summer, for sure.
Happy Birthday, Stumpy!!

3 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Be sure to check Goodwill for bikes, they are usually around $10-15, that's where we get all our kids bikes! Hmmm, does your dad have perfectly white feet from about the ankle down? I love it when my dad takes off his socks and his feet are nearly blinding compared to the rest of his golfer's tan!!!

Nat said...

I totally forgot about that "I'm just awesome!" thing! Thanks, Frank Banks! And thanks for coming over that day. My my, August is a busy birthday month now!

Emily Empey said...

haha how cute!! thats hilarious about the maternity box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...