Monday, October 18, 2010

He wants long hair.

Micah so desperately wants long hair. He finds blankets, washcloths, burp cloths, or his favorites, Dylan's jammy shirts, and converts them into makeshift wigs. He'll flick his head around to feel his "hair" swaying on his back. Sometimes he'll pull it back into a "ponytail" with both hands for a few moments. It's more than a little disturbing.

I was telling this gal in my ward, Colette, about Micah's "wigs," and she told me that her daughter, Melissa, used to do the same thing. I guess Melissa's hair was kind of thin and wispy and short when she was little, so she compensated by making pretend hair out of damp washcloths. One day, she went to a clothing store with her folks, and she disappeared. They looked all over for her and finally found her wearing a wig that had been on a mannequin. I guess she had gone up to the mannequin and shaken it really, really hard to get the wig to fall off so she could put it on her head. I think that is the funniest story ever. So cute. It's especially cute becuase she's a GIRL. Micah's a BOY. I don't think it's cute that he wears shirt hair. I think it's weird and worrisome. Also weird and worrisome - his penchant for playing with girl toys, and his preference for wearing Sadie's shoes. Weird, worrisome Micah. WWM. Be a man, Micah! Throw a ball around! Make truck noises! Convert any toy into a gun! Please!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I know, I know.... let him grow his real hair out long enough that it gets tangles.... then insist on combing it EVERY day...

I have to think he would want it short again rather quickly.

Mindy H. said...

Micah is just growing up during the wrong time. Warren and Spencer did the long "tail" look when they were in elementary school; Spence's curled so it looked like a ponytail. Maybe if you get him one of those mullett halloween wigs, he can wear it around and get it out of his system :-D

Cinderella, the A-Train and Our Little Caboose said...

Oh mercy...I fully anticipate one of my children doing this very thing, since I obviously did it myself (thanks for the story by the way haha). No shame in wanting hair you don't have! haha He is a cutie.

Emily Empey said...

hahaha Thats hilarious!! Lindsey did this as well when she was little EVERYONE in our old neighborhood- they remember lindsey and her "Ariel" hair- She owuld ride her big wheel with pajamas (you know the old type that were long jammies like dresses kinda) on her head!

Camille said...

Josh went through the whole girl toy thing. When he was like 18 months old every time we went to WalMart we would have to go check out this pink princess kitty thing. He LOVED it! I always felt a little weird sitting there at the store while he played with it - but he outgrew it and he's ALL BOY now!

Lyndsay said...

Wow, okay, that is hilarious. Sorry it disturbs you, but I'm sure he'll outgrow it, at some point. Right?

Nat said...

Long boy hair is the style now! I'm with April. Or, just let him do the blanket thing for a while, and I'm sure he'll grow out of that sometime.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...