Saturday, October 30, 2010

Our Baby Tradition

When I lived in Salt Lake, Pooh and I had a tradition - we would visit each other in the hospital when we had our babies. When I had Micah in '08, Pooh came all the way up from SLC to visit me in the hospital, and we sat and chatted for hours. It was so fun, and it meant so much to me. So, when she had Marlo last spring, I went down to visit her for a few days. And then she came to visit me a couple of days after I had Gage.

She brought the up the whole gang, and they stayed at a local hotel, which I felt badly about - I wish we had a guest bedroom or something for them. Our house is sooo teeny. Sigh. One evening, they invited us over to swim in the hotel pool. Pooh and I held our babies on the deck next to the pool while Ben and the kiddos swam. Gage was still way too little to get in, and I wasn't ready yet, either, since I had just pushed a baby out a couple of days before. :)

The next day, they came over to the house to play for awhile. Caz:


Judge was very interested in the games Sadie was playing on barbie.com. It was funny:


Judge is just such an easygoing, fun little man.

Bishie always has a pose and a face for me:


He totally made this face on purpose:

My kids:


And my beautiful best friend with my beautiful little baby:


He's making an Elvis face in that picture. :)

After we hung out at the house for awhile, we went to Five Guys for burgers. Yummm. And then they had to go home. Sigh. I wish they lived here. Thanks so much for visiting, Poohey.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I love Gage's Elvis face! And when did Pooh's kids get so BIG?!?!? They're so old-looking, instead of little boys!

Mindy H. said...

What a fun tradition! It looks like you all had a blast. You both have such cute kids. I'm glad that you are both able to go and spend time together post-baby. Thanks for sharing the memories!

Camille said...

Kar -
You are sooooo lucky to have each other. My "best friend" won't talk to me anymore.....but that's another story. When I see stuff like that, it makes me miss her.
Count her as one of your greatest blessing!!!

Lyndsay said...

How wonderful to have such an amazing friend!! Everyone needs one of those!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...