Monday, February 25, 2013

When the cat's away, the mouse gets proper haircuts for her sons.

I'm a horrible hairdresser.  I can't cut my kids' hair worth a darn.  I've tried.  And failed.  Many times.

When Ben was gone, I used my grocery money to get the boys' hair cut about every six weeks or so.  But when he came back, he was like, "Oh, I'll cut their hair and save the money!!"  The results have been pretty hilarious.  For several weeks, Micah's hair ended up looking like that kid in the Adventures of Tin Tin.  (Is the kid's name Tin Tin? I haven't seen it.)
I wish I had a good picture of Micah to show it.

I told Ben to trim Dylan's mohawk with scissors, and then use the clippers for the sides and back, and here was the result:
Ben just cut the whole thing off.  And Dylan was REALLY MAD.  Haha!!  But it took like two seconds to grow back out.  That kid's hair grows so fast.

I haven't been terribly happy with the results of Ben's barbering, so when he left this weekend, I was like, "Yesss!  The kids need haircuts, and I can get it done while he's gone!!  At a proper haircutting place!  And they can have decent haircuts!"

As an added bonus, the hairdresser ladies put colored gel in the boys' hair.  They loved that. :)
In case you can't tell, Dylan has red in his mohawk:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...