Thursday, June 2, 2011

Crafty Kar

I was in Porter's a couple of weeks before Mother's Day, and I stopped dead in my tracks when I saw a display for these Father's Day block thingeys. I thought, "Oh my gosh, that would be so cute as a Mother's Day gift for mom." The wooden blocks were on sale, so I bought three, found some pre-made wooden letters, and set out to find some cute decorative paper. I found some in a gardening theme, along with embellishments that went with it, and I said, "Bingo!" My mom is a master gardener. She loves puttering in her garden (like me). And the paper was GORGEOUS.

I texted my sistahs and asked if they wanted to contribute to the Cute Mother's Day Block Gift, and they all readily agreed.

I painted the blocks dark brown with acrylic paint. Then I cut the paper to fit the blocks and mod-podged it on all six sides of each block. Then I painted the wood letters and hot-glued them onto the blocks. Finally, I hot-glued embellishments on the blocks - just on the fronts and tops.

Here's the finished product!:

Could you just die???

I sat there, staring at it, so enamored, that I finally decided to go buy more supplies and make one for myself:

Mom loooooved hers. And I still have mine displayed, though Mother's Day is long past. :)

3 comments:

Carrie said...

So so cute. I can only adore the cute things that other people make. I am extremely craft challenged myself.

Camille said...

Cute stuff! Good work!
I am sooo lame - I've decided I'm done getting presents for my parents. I just send them cards now. They have so much "stuff" - I don't need to contribute to that every time there is something to celebrate.
You know how parent's are always saying "I just want a nice letter"....well they may learn to regret that, because that's what I'm doing from now on.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE them !! They're so cute! I'd totally display them all the time:) You're so crafty!! I love it!:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...