Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Flahs...

...as Eliza Doolittle would say.

Want to see my pretty springtime flowers? Sorry if this is boring to you, but flowers make me really, really happy. They bring me joy. So I'm putting them on here.

Sadly, my forsythia only had a few blooms this year. I wonder what's wrong. Maybe my clayish soil in the backyard. With ten zillion worms in it.

My irises, of course, are happy. They're always happy. I could put them on a piece of cement, instead of in soil, and they would probably still bloom. They're great.


My tulips, which are now all gone. But they were showy and gorgeous while they lasted:


I scored several telstars for Mother's Day again this year. I had no idea that telstars were perennials! I didn't have time to pull them out last fall when they died back (I thought they just died), and they came back this year!!

Ben gave me four bluebell plants. They were so pretty and happy...

...until I put them in the ground. Now they're pissed, despite my babying them. I hope they can get over themselves. But who knows. Maybe bluebells only bloom once and then die back. I do know they're perennials. And that is often the way perennials are. One bloom, and done.

My candy tufts have been phenomenally beautiful this year:

My daffodils were pretty. Now they're also gone:

Benny, watering my plants.

I don't know how guys can push their stomachs out like that. It's crazy.

I have been worrying soooo much about my beautiful flowers - who will water them and weed their beds while I'm gone? I thought. But then we came up with a wonderful solution. My friend, Linds, and her soon-to-be hubby, Kyle, are going to live here while we're gone! Now I have someone who will take care of my lawn and flowers (and cat), and they can live somewhere for cheap rent! Oh, and they'll be here so that my drug dealer neighbors don't break in and cook meth in my kitchen. Lyner and I are both terribly pleased with the arrangement. They don't have furniture yet, so we won't have to move our furniture out. I'll just pack away our personal things and let them live on our furniture. I totally, fully trust she and Kyle to take good care of my home while we're gone. Thanks, Linds.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

Awesome arrangement with your friend. So glad that fell into place. And I LOVE pictures of flowers!!

Unknown said...

I agree... that arrangement is awesome! :) Yay for friends!

Camille said...

Sounds like the perfect thing. I lived in my brothers house while he was in China. It was great! I had a couple of room mates - that wasn't so great.
Glad you got it worked out.
How's the packing coming along?

The Dillons said...

Thank you Kar :) Kyle is pretty excited too. It really worked out for both of us. Those flowers sure are beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your flowers!! I always enjoy seeing them when we come over!! I need to get on of those watering attachment head for my hose!! That would be awesome to have!

I'm so glad Lindsey is going to stay in your house!! I know how stressful that was for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...