Friday, June 3, 2011

This made me laugh so hard, all day.


My friend, Megs, and I are going to have a garage sale tomorrow. My house looks like a tornado hit it. I feel like we're moving again! We really needed to de-junk. And I'm soooo glad to be having a garage sale with someone else. It's intimidating.

Megs wanted to advertise in the newspaper, and she had her hubby, Mark, write up the ad. It was so funny that I just had to share. I was working out in the yard for the majority of the day yesterday, and I kept thinking about it and laughing out loud. I was literally LOL. Here's our ad:

SWEET & AWESOME GARAGE SALE

Got a baby? Get it clothed! Yeah, there are going to be baby clothes here, as well as kid-sized clothing for when baby grows all big and monstrous. Baby just want to play? Get it some new toys that are no longer new! There are even toys for your older kids. Are you naked, ladies? You poor things! Get yourselves clothed, as there's plenty for you to wear here. Like to watch TV, but forgot you need need one? Hot pocket, there are going to be TWO. Need to print something off your com•pu•ter? Printer. Need a new hobby? Try wakeboarding on a bicycle underwater with your brand new used scuba gear! Need to get the hell outta Dodge? LUGGAGE! Need to alternately sit/lay somewhere? Futon to the rescue! Sweet poopin' pants, what are you waiting for? I'll tell you what: you need something to remember this all by—so we're selling scrapbooking supplies, to boot!

[address is here]
8am to Noon

Bring your own breakfast; it's going to be LEGENDARY*.

(*Legendary status isn't guaranteed. Prepare for the mundane, but hope for the best.)

Hahaha! I kept thinking about the "sweet poopin' pants!" and that's when I would start giggling. I think I need to make that my new catchphrase. "Sweet poopin' pants!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Maaaaan Next year can I hire him to do our schools Yardsale add? :D

Anonymous said...

LOL It makes me LOL when I think of it too:) He's a good writer! I keep telling him he should start his own blog to get those crazy thoughts of his out of his head. hehe

Lyndsay said...

That is hilarious! Wish I could come to your garage sale!!

Carrie said...

How did the sale go? I'm sure you'll blog about it. Have I missed a date for your leaving for China? Hopefully the great add brought in a huge crowd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...