Friday, June 10, 2011

The Scarlet Woman

Sades had her spring dance recital a few weeks ago. These are her pictures:

She's there on the far left. Yes, she is the only one with bright red lipstick on. The last time we had dance pictures, Sadie was the only one without makeup on. She looked really out of place. So this time, I was like, "I'm putting full makeup on her. This time she won't stick out like a sore thumb." I asked her if we should curl her hair, but she was very against that, so I was like, fine.

As you can see, this time she sticks out like a sore thumb yet again, but for different reasons than last time - 1) She looks like a woman of ill repute with all that lipstick on, and 2) She is the only one with stick-straight hair. Sigh.

My mom made all these costumes. Isn't she amazing? I wish I had inherited her sewing skillz. I'm really, really bad at sewing. There's an unraveling seam in Micah's new blanket, and I'm so intimidated by my new sewing machine that I'm tempted to ask Mom if she'll fix it, along with an unraveling seam on my zipper on one of my couch cushion covers. Whattaya say, Mom?

Speaking of my amazing mom, she had the presence of mind to give Sadie flowers at her performance.

I didn't think to get her flowers until we arrived at the theater. I'm flunking Mommyhood 101. I have a lot on my mind, for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sadie is so cute!! I love how she has her foot kinda sticking up in the second picture. Totally adds to the cowboy look!:)

Mindy H. said...

She is such a cutie! I thought she looked perfect in the pictures. The makeup was a nice touch... and she is REALLY going to stick out in China, so she might as well learn to enjoy it now.

Patty said...

I hope one day I have girls and that they want to be in dance. Those costumes are fantastic and fun.

Emily Empey said...

You are not flunking! You are a great Mom!! She looks so cute! love the costumes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...