Monday, May 5, 2008

Air Quotes




Tonight, my parents came over for a minute, and Dylan and my dad were talking about Dylan's friends.

Dad said, "So who are your friends in this neighborhood?"

Dylan: "I like to play with H.B. and his sisters."

Dad: "Well, that sounds like fun."

Dylan: "But I can't play with them today because [speaking sarcastically and using air quotes with his fingers] we don't play on Sundays."

I laughed so hard when Dad told me about that. I didn't know Dylan knew how to use air quotes!!

My favorite air quotes moments - that girl on Say Anything, Chris Farley from Saturday Night Live (pictured above), and Mike Myers as Dr. Evil in Austin Powers.

7 comments:

Beej said...

What are you doing up?!? Psycho! I was just reading your blog and going back to all of the old ones and commenting (because I hadn't looked at blogs in a few weeks while I was super busy). And all of a sudden some new ones came up! Poor girl. It's no fun when you can't sleep.

I think that it is hilarious that Dylan used air quotes. That is really awesome! Kids say the darndest things... It makes you realize how much they mimic things and can pick things up from anywhere.

Anonymous said...

I am a HUGE fan of Chris Farley...I was very sad (I really cried) when he died. I love when he does his air quotes.

Jenny said...

that's so funny!

Nat said...

Have you seen the Friends episode where Joey doesn't really know how to use air quotes? It's so stinking funny! Maybe I'll try to find a clip on YouTube or something. P.S.-I totally couldn't sleep last night, either. Had I known I wasn't alone, I would have called you!

Unknown said...

ROFL that is hillarious. the things kids pick up!

Nat said...

Kar-check out this link for the clip I was telling you about:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNXYYW5gX3s
So funny!

Lynita said...

Air quotes are the best! Although if they are used too often they do get old. It's like my overuse of exclamation marks! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...