Monday, May 5, 2008

Mommy Hair



Okay, so I shed a little bit, alright? I have thyroid disease, so I shed faster than other people, and my hair is dark and relatively long. So sometimes, on occasion, you will see a strand of my hair here and there - mainly in the bathroom. Or should I say MANELY in the bathroom?? Ha-ha-ha! I'm sooo punny. It's three in the morning. Sorry. I can't sleep, so I'm blogging.

Anyways, my stray, shed hairs are a source of fear for poor little Sadie. If she sees one, she will scream, "Mommy Hair!!" and run the other way. There have been several times that she will see one in the tub when she's sitting in there, and she'll edge to the other side of the tub, yelling and crying, "Mommy Hair! Mommy Hair!!" until I get a piece of toilet paper and fish the offending hair out of the tub water.

Now, anything hairy or fuzzy in any way is a Mommy Hair. A piece of lint. A piece of her own hair. A dust bunny in the corner of our hardwood-floored dining room. A little piece of a cotton ball. They are all Mommy Hairs, and they all strike terror into her heart. So funny.

7 comments:

Beej said...

Sadie is so funny. I love how dramatic she is and how scared she gets. She reminds me of someone...oh! I know! You! Ha, ha. Spencer is scared of my hairs, too. The good thing is that I don't blow dry my hair, so I don't shed as often, or at least it's not as visible. I love Sadie's scared voice, like when I talked to her on the phone earlier today. She just gets so intense.

Anonymous said...

That is funny. It must be something about our hair that is scary. (Shawn hates it when he finds my lost strands on him. However, I do tend to get a little freaked out when I see anything balled up that looks like a spider.

Jenny said...

my kids are scared of hair, too. so funny. :)

Nat said...

I lose a TON of hair after having a baby. You should have seen my drain when I went to clean it a few months ago. YIKES!

Unknown said...

Oh, my! I wonder if you and my SIL could have a competition... seriously... I don't know ANYONE that looses as much hair as she does... I wonder at the fact that she has any left on her head!

She is currently living with my MIL and my MIL told her she needed to vacuum every other day cause she sheds more than anyone my MIL knows too. SIL reply ... "I don't shed THAT much".... riiiiight.

SO funny that Sadie has fuz issues. Poor thing, hope she outgrows them a bit :)

Lynita said...

That is awesome! I can't stand finding other people's stray hairs either! Funny because I love playing with other peoples hair and doing their hair, but stray hair freaks me out! LOL!

Gifford Family said...

My doctor put me in a study for Thyroid disease. Most likely nothing will come of it because I have never had problems with my thyroid...You would have been a great person for the study!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...