Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just Like Atzin!!

There is a little girl in Dylan's preschool class named Atzin (the name seems unusual, but she is Hispanic). She has Down's Syndrome. She is really sweet and cute. She doesn't talk at all, and she still wears diapers. She has huge silver caps on her back molars - I don't know if it's from cavities or a worse problem. Perhaps she doesn't like getting her teeth brushed, or perhaps she was allowed juice in her bottle in bed when she was smaller - I'm not sure the reason. Anyways, we had some red grapes in a salad a few weeks ago during dinner, and Dylan put two red grapes on his back molars and said, "Look, Mom! I'm Atzin!!" Ben was totally confused, but I laughed so hard. I had to explain to Ben about little Atzin and the caps on her molars. Dylan is so funny. I had him do it again for the camera:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is funny. we know a little DS boy and my kids have wondered "why Does Chris look like that" I told them "that is the way God made him to look so we all knew that he was different from us." Maybe her silver caps were to make her Ultra different/special. :)

I too have wondered why kids need the silver caps, I had a few cavities and never had anything like that in my mouth. intresting.

Disclaimer: I have noting against Silver capped teeth DS children.

Lynita said...

I love how Sadie is copying him with so much enthusiasm! Kids are so cute some times!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...