Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ben's Territory



Now that the weather is nice, I thought it would be nice to water the lawn, and since we don't have a sprinkler system, it takes several days to water the entire front lawn and back lawn with our single outdoor faucet, hooked to a hose and a sprinkler. So I started slowly watering our front lawn the other day, moving the sprinkler from spot to spot, slowly across the lawn.

Ben came home and said, "Why are you watering the crap out of the lawn?"

I was like, "Dude, I move it every two hours, and each spot doesn't get watered again for another week. I don't think that's 'watering the crap out of the lawn!'"

He's all, "You're watering it way too much. You need to do it this way and this way and this way, blah blah blah..."

So I said, "Okay, Ben, the lawn is your deal. I won't touch it any more."

He seemed satisfied. Sometimes, I'll see a dry patch, and I'll want to water it so badly, but I figure that, if he dries up our lawn, it's his funeral. I've learned my lesson - the lawn is Ben's domain. I'll stick with my flower garden. :)

7 comments:

Jenny said...

we don't have a sprinkler system, either. it's such a pain to water. and if you water, you have to mow . . . it's a vicious cycle. :)

Amy said...

Is that really a picture of your house? If so I am extremely jealous!!! Oh and my nephew Jack was only 1 day early (poor Kelly), but he is healthy and now she is much happier. We hope that Micah decides to come join the party soon!

Anonymous said...

This is the first house we have had that has a sprinkler system and yes it is nice but it requires more upkeep than just a hose and sprinkler head. (We haeve 2 heads that need to be replaced becuase Shawn broke them with the snow blower). But I do not miss Shawn calling me and reminding me not to flood the grass and to move it at a certain spot aiming a certain direction. :)

Oh and if the grass does end up burning (You can be the one to say "I told you so") :)

Unknown said...

ROFL... been there done that.

I wish wish wish. Jer would take as much pride in his lawn as my dad does... but HEY they man has to have some kid of downfall, eh? :D

Lynita said...

Men! Is there is anything more to say it has escaped my mind!

Nicole said...

HEY! I want a lawn to water. And that is hilarious. By the way, my "word verification" is "clutza"...how funny.

Nat said...

I'm with April. It's like pulling teeth to get Pete to mow. But I do all the weeding, which takes way longer than mowing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...