Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Dinosaur Museum

Sorry for the delay in posting - my little family went out of town for the weekend, and then yesterday, I got the 24-hour flu, so I felt too crummy to do anything at all. I'm feeling much better today, thank goodness. I was praying for death. :)

We went down to Lehi, Utah, to visit my sister, Brianna, for a very, very short weekend. I was cheating - you aren't supposed to travel within your last five weeks, but I have four weeks left, so I figured I'd probably be okay. Brianna and her hubby are moving to Buffalo, New York in a month or two, and I wanted to go down and see them before they moved, but also before I had a newborn. Traveling with a newborn? No thanks. To my Utah friends - I'm so sorry I didn't have time to visit everyone. It really was an extremely quick trip, and I wanted to spend every second with my sis, since she will be so far away.

We went to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point on Saturday - so much fun. I thought this picture of Beads, Spence, and Dylan holding hands was cute:

Dylan, Dad, and Sadie at the erosion exhibit:

Just Dyl:

Sadie on a statue of some kind of dinosaur:


Dylan on the same statue:


Dylan and Sadie "uncovering fossils":


This part was so funny. You can use different stuffed dinosaur parts to build your own dinosaur. Here is Dylan:

Ben had more fun at this exhibit than Dylan did. He put two heads on the front of the dinosaur, then two tails, then a head at the head end and the tail end...Dylan was getting pretty ticked. Then Ben put one of the heads in front of his face and chased the kids around:


Then ran around with the tail on his bumb:


He is his own best audience. :) Brianna, making a "rubbing" - she loved this, because it reminded her of the Barbie rubbing toy we had as kids, where you would change Barbie's outfits and make new "drawings" of each one:


We saw a 3-D dinosaur movie, which was fun:


I think there was some prehistoric coral named "Spence," so I made Spencer pose in front of the sign:


Dylan, crawling around some pretend caves:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun, for the kids too. I loved the barbie rub on thingy (I have one for Shawna).

Jenny said...

how was the 3D movie? we've never seen it, but my kids LOVE the museum. so glad you got to come visit spence and brianna before they leave. now if only i could figure out how to see them . . . jk. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...