Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gimme a head of hair....



What musical is my title from? It was on TV late the other night and I nearly peed my pants, I was so excited.

Kay, so I got my hair cut a month ago or so, and I don't know how I feel about it. It's so weird - my hair was this length for like two years at the end of college and when I was dating Ben, and at the time, I adored it. So why am I not feeling it now?

Not that I liked my hair long, either. I hated it long; I hate it shoulder-length. I would probably hate it if it was shorter. I think it's a pregnancy hormonal thing. When it was long, it took like ten thousand years to do. And then I was always thinking, "Am I too old to have teenager hair?? Shouldn't I have more mommy-like hair?? Am I like those delusional ladies on The Real Housewives of Orange County???" Just a total identity crisis.

Not that I ever have time to do my new hair. But when I do it, I just think, "Does this look toooo Mommy?? Do I look like I did when I was in the 8th grade??" And I think shorter hair makes my face look even fatter. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it, but I'm just not a huge fan this time around.

And really, my hair is all I've got. My only asset. My skin looks like pizza. Or ground sausage. And I am overweight. (I'm not talking about pregnancy weight. I was like 30 pounds overweight before I got pregnant.) My clothes aren't that cute. Maybe I should work the only thing that looks decent. I don't have any grey hairs yet, and it's still very thick.

I don't know. I'm just going to let it grow until this baby comes out and the weird hormones are gone. I'm not going to do anything drastic until then.

9 comments:

lexykay said...

isn't it just from the musical, "hair?" anyways, i personally love your hair long and i do not think it makes you look too teenagery. i think it looks beautiful; but i feel ya. my hair ends up in a pony tail every single day; so i often wonder, why keep it long when i'm not taking advantage? hair is a frustrating thing.

Anonymous said...

I'm gonna guess, is it Hairspray? I've never watched all of it so I'm totally not sure if that's right. LOL

I like your new haircut, Kar! That picture of you looks gorgeous!!:) I totally know what you mean though. It's so hard to do long hair! We're late for church a lot because I have to get everyone else ready before myself. I hope you feel better about your hair soon!!:)

Patty said...

Okay, this post was too much of a downer on yourself. What about that article from your favorite apostle- who said women are too hard on themselves. Go read that again, toots.
You were nowhere NEAR 30 pounds overweight before you got pregnant. Your hair is gorgeous. The flip is hip. You are accesorizing your outfits, you always have cute vests, you have great skin, and new makeup to help. You are being WAY too hard on yourself. And of course, the one time I check this before Nat- I don't know the musical.

Norlund Clan said...

I think it looks so cute. I wish my hair was thick like that. I know the feeling though of never liking anything you do with it.

Mindy H. said...

I am coveting your hair. Really. Mine is in that weird in-between-cuts stage where it just looks weird no matter what. I wonder how long it would take me to grow it out so I can get a cute style like you... Too bad miracle grow doesn't work on hair.

Unknown said...

I like it :) and my step grandma had hair down to her butt till the day she died. Always wore it in a long braid... I always admired her for that. It was beautiful and she could get away with "teenager hair" because she wore it with confidence!

Nat said...

I agree with April-you have to just own it. I think it looks great, but your hair has looked great at all lenths and colors. :)

The Dillons said...

I think your hair is so cute. Your hair is NOT all you have. I love your eyes, and you have never looked overweight. I don't believe it!

Oh Karlenn, I wanted to tell you that I might not be able to babysit Saturday. I might go to Reno, or I might have a date. But both are mights...so get a different babysitter if you need to and I will let you know as soon as I do. Sorry!

Lyndsay said...

ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE HAIR!!! You are so dang cute and no way sister, you were not 30 pounds overweight! You look beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...