Saturday, February 6, 2010

TiK ToK

My title is a song - by which singer? It's a relatively new song. Ten points, dude.

One of my Christmas presents from my madre was a certificate to Porter's to buy watch-making supplies. A perfect gift for me. I like to make stuff. Yes I do.

And can I tell you how much I love the jewelery-making section of Porter's? They have a lady in there full-time, and she can help you with anything. Because Mom and I didn't have a clue as to what to buy and where to start. And their jewelery section is also much, much larger than at any of the other local craft stores.

So we got our stuff like on a Wednesday, and then the following Saturday, they had a free class to teach us how to make them. It was surprisingly easy! And very fun. The whole time we were making our watches (it was my mom, my aunt, and I), I just kept saying, "This is way too much fun."

My mom ended up making two. This is one of them:

And here is mine!

Wow. My hand pores look really big in that picture...
I'm so in love with the connecting bar thingeys I found for mine. They match my watch face perfectly.

I got wayyy too much silver for my liking. When I make my next one someday, I'm going to cut back on the silver and use more semi-precious stones.


Gorgeous, huh? I love it. I have the watch-making bug now.
P.S. I just barfed up a bean burrito. Are you jealous??

7 comments:

lexykay said...

kesha. or should i say Ke$ha. btw looove your necklaces. reminds me of the jewlery you bought me.big chunky cute. love it!

Paul and Kelsi said...

ke$ha duhhhhhh im in love with that song. its good to dance in the shower to :) i love the watches!! im on a watch kick lately. i need to try making these!

Mindy H. said...

I covet your watch and your artistic talents, but not your morning sickness. I hope you feel better soon!

The Dillons said...

Love the watch! It is really cute. And uh, I am not very jealous of you with the barfing, i'm sorry! :)

Patty said...

It's beautiful. And I don't think there is too much silver. Don't fear a little bling, Kar.

Nat said...

Those watches turned out so great! And dude, who's Kesha? I gotta get with it...

Lynita said...

Beautious! I know that's not a word, but it is beautiful and gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...