Monday, February 1, 2010

You looked like Christmas morning.

Yep, my title is a movie quote. See if you can guess it.

Dylan came down and woke us up on Christmas morning - "HEY MAMA!!! SANTA GAVE ME A DEVASTATOR!!! I'VE BEEN PLAYING WITH IT FOR LIKE AN HOUR!!" Oops. We should have reminded him, the night before, to come get us before going out to check out the Santa goods. :)



Here they are, walking into the living room:





Sadie wanted this black toy horse from Santa. She made a beeline for it and immediately gave it a bear hug. So cute:




Has she played with that black horse ever since? Nope. It's a good thing I saved up for a couple of weeks to buy it. Sheesh.

She got a Polly Pocket from her G-ma and G-pa Smith:

I think I literally spent an hour setting it up! It was complicated. Has she played with it since? Nope.

A video of Dylan with his Transformers Devastator:

Sorry that Ben hiccuped in the middle of that video. Does Dylan play with the Devastator now? Nope.

We were so lucky this year - because Sadie is in Headstart, our family was eligible for Toys for Tots. All I had to do was write down the age and sex of my kids, and we got tons of toys from them. So awesome. This is one of the toys from Toys for Tots:



Dyls hasn't touched that since Christmas Day, either. Why do we bother getting the kids anything??? I stress out about it every year. And every year, it doesn't end up mattering what the kids get. They hardly touch their toys. My goodness. I played with the toys I got when I was a kid...

Another Toys for Tots toy - a basketball:

Dyls also got a football. The other day, our annoying little neighbor boy, H.B., was playing with Dylan when he found the football. "I tink dis is my fooball," he said. (He's nine, and I can hardly understand him when he speaks.) "Nope," says I, "Dylan got that for Christmas. "But it wooks dust wike myyyy fooball dat got wost," he said. "Well, H.B., you lose a lot of your toys. Maybe you should look for it in your yard, under all that snow." Their yard is COVERED in toys. And then it snows, and they can't find any of their toys.

I'm so mean. I just kind of feel like I'm their forced baby-sitter. I have to mother them all the time. And it bugs me. I can hardly keep track of my own kids, you know? Once, Ashlynn was here, and she announced that she was "thoosty." She needs speech therapy, too. I told her to go to her own house and get a drink. She said she didn't have any drinks in her house. I told her to drink water. She paused, and then said, "We don't have any watah." "B.S., Ashlynn. You have water. Go home and drink it."

Anyways. Back to the topic at hand.



Sadie with one of her new Littlest Pet Shop animals. She actually does play with these a lot:



And she still calls them "Littlest Ketchups." I love it.



Micah got another My Little Pony, which he adores:



I love this picture, because it shows what he does all the time now - he holds onto his straw with his teeth so that both of his hands can be free. His teeth are looking a little buck because of it. He still can't get the hang of the other kind of sippy cups, though...

Dylan and his new R/C car - courtesy of Ben's dad:

This thing supposedly goes on normal ground, snow, aaaaand water! I'm excited to try it out on water this summer.

To my parents and Ben's parents - thanks for all the things you got for us and the kids. You are the BEST. Real thank-you cards are on their way. When I feel good enough to finish them. :)





Slidey-poos:


3 comments:

Camille said...

Kar -
hearing about your fun times neighbor kids, makes me wish that WE were neighbors so our boys could play together and NOT have to worry about fun time neighbor kids!

Mindy H. said...

Ahhhhh!!!! I know that quote! I do, I do, I do! I just can't think of the dang movie!!!

I'm glady your Christmas was good... and I can totally feel your pain about the neighbor thing. What is it with parents expecting someone else to raise their kids? Obnoxious!

P.S. I love that Micah loves my little ponies. He is such a fun kid!

Lyndsay said...

I can't believe you didn't give your kids the warning - don't you dare go into the living room until we are with you and say you can! I would have cried, Christmas morning is one of my favorite mornings all year, of course!

I agree about the not playing with toys. Makes me sick to my stomach and I swear that next year I'll do something different, but never do. I say we rise up this year, let's figure out a different way to do this. My ob/gyn told me when their kids were young they didn't do any gifts, just went on a nice vacation (think Hawaii, etc.). I think when our kids are a bit older I vote for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...