Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From Dylan's Perspective

When I went to parent-teacher conferences a month ago, Dyl's teacher, Mrs. F, gave me a great big folder with all of the work Dylan had done during second trimester. They have these exercises they do where Mrs. F gives them one of their vocabulary words. The kids have to write a sentence using that word. It was so much fun to see the sentences Dylan came up with out of his own little head. The sentences gave me insight into his thoughts about life.

Exhibit A: The following things that make him smile:

Translation:
1. Noah makes me smile. (Noah is his friend.)
2. Tautphaus Park makes me smile.
3. Pizza makes me smile.
4. Soccer makes me smile. (Not that I remember...)
5. The Devastator makes me smile. (That's the name of the Transformer he got for Christmas.)

Exhibit B: Dylan is delusional:

Translation: My sister made a bigger mess. (Dyl mixes up his b's and d's.)

Exhibit C: Apparently, I am a planner:


Translation:
1. My mom planned a party.
2. My mom made a plan.

Exhibit D: Maybe Dylan actually realizes how much I do for him:


Translation:

10. My mom kisses me.

10. My mom helped me.

12. My mom called me.


Exhibit E: I'm not a very good mom sometimes:




Translation:

4. My mom is the saddest.

4. I wish my mom won't be naughty.


It's not good when I'm characterized as "the saddest." Ben told me that the other night: "You're never happy. Ever." It made me feel bad. It's just hard to feel happy when I feel sick all the time. I am trying.


The "naughty" thing - Dyls me "naughty" when I won't let him do something outlandish. Or when I yell at him in frustration sometimes. Again - there are many improvements I need to make in the mommyhood department.


Exhibit F: Observations about Dylan's dad:



Translation:

10. My dad fixes my bike.

2. My dad has big feet.


Exhibit G: Despite my downfalls as a mother, I think Dylan still loves me:



Translation:

12. I love my mom very much.

1. I love my mom.

5. I kiss my mom.


I really love this kid.

4 comments:

Emily Empey said...

haha that is pretty darn cute!

Nat said...

I love those kinds of things that kids write. Keep it, for sure!

Brock did a thing in preschool today about me, and it said that he and I clean up toys together. I'm like, hm, Karla will think that I'm a slave driver...

Anonymous said...

How cute! Don't you love how much he writes that he loves you? Now, you just wish he'd show it more. LOL

Lyndsay said...

Sweet. Make sure you keep those papers in a memory box.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...