Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Mudder's Day

My Mother's Day was... kind of a normal day. Ben did get me some flowers the night before, though:


And he let me get some gladiola bulbs the next day. They're underground now, but hopefully they'll look like this in August:

Pretty, pretty, pretty. My great-grandma loved gladiolas. She called them "glads."
The normal part of my day - no time to get myself ready. No hair, no makeup. Sad:


Also normal - having to do the dang dishes. I can't ever get out of that one. Ben and I battle about that often.

I got a cute corsage at church, though. And some telstars:

And I felt special because I wore my favorite preggy shirt.
Me and the kiddos:


Sadie designed her hairdo that day. She told me she wanted two braids that hung right next to her cheeks. I obliged.

Dyls gave me the cutest little card thing he made at school:


Some observations:
1. It's nice to know that me being special is conditional upon whether or not I bring candy home from work.
2. Apparently, one of my talents is washing dishes.
3. Dylan doesn't own any puppets. He completely made that up. Sometimes I think he's a pathological liar.
Oh, and I forgot - Ben also made breakfast. That was awesome. He's a good man.

5 comments:

Lyndsay said...

You look ADORABLE! Sorry about having to do your dishes on Mother's Day!! At least you know they will be clean!

Anonymous said...

CUTE pictures!! I love that card that Dyls gave to you! I can't wait to start getting those from Jonas! How special:) That's funny he made up the part about the puppet! Hehe I bet my kids will do the same.

Patty said...

Put that on a resume! "Best at doing dishes." "Pretty as a star." I'd hire ya!

Lynita said...

So funny, yeah I think that when they have the kids all do their cards at the same time, you get some other kids comments too! I am sorry you had to do the dishes, I know how you feel. This year Ryan didn't make me do anything, but there were plenty of dishes for me the next day!

The Dillons said...

I think you looked really cute! I love that picture of you in the pink shirt! I think the answers Dylan wrote are adorable..."washing dishes" lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...