Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Ladies' Man



My sis, Lex, was home last weekend, so we decided to get together, do some eating, and do some game-playing. Gramps is home for the summer (he's a sun bird), so Mom invited him over, as well.

He's hard of hearing, so I think these get-togethers are difficult for him. The kids are all screaming and running around, and it's hard for him to catch the adult conversation. Heck, it's hard for me to catch the adult conversation. He usually just eats and leaves. And I totally understand that.

He mingled for awhile after dinner this time, though, and he and my family had such a gem of a conversation. It was HILARIOUS. I don't remember any of the ladies' names Gramps mentioned in this conversation, so I'm making them up:

Mom: So, Dad, do you want to stay and play Tripoli?

Gramps: Naw, I need to get back - a lady friend and I are going to a show tonight.

Mom: Which lady friend?

Gramps: Carolyn.

Me: Is that the lady that helped you paint some murals in your house?

Gramps: No, that's Maggie.

Me: Oh.

Gramps: Carolyn is the one I go to shows with.

Mom: Now, what is the name of your lady friend down in St. George?

Gramps: [Rolling his eyes] Judith.

Mom: [Catching the rolling of the eyes] Ohhh. Is she the reason you came home a little earlier this spring?

Gramps: Yep.

Mom: Why?

Gramps: She was getting too clingy.

[We all laugh.]

Mom: Now, what about Janet?

Gramps: [Rolling his eyes again] Oh, she's needy.

Me: Needy? Like she wants to be more serious than you do?

Gramps: No. She's just always calling me and asking for a blessing. She has a hard day - she calls and asks me to come over and give her a blessing. She gets evicted - she calls and asks me to come over and give her a blessing. She hurts her hip while she's packing to move - she calls and asks me to come over and give her a blessing. She doesn't like her new place - she calls and asks me to come over and give her a blessing.

[We all laugh again.]

Me: Wow, Gramps. You sure do have a lot of girlfriends.

Gramps: They're lady friends. They aren't girls anymore, at this age.

I love that man. He is so cute.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha! That's hilarious! Your gramps sounds like a lot of fun!:) Glad you were able to enjoy time with him!

Unknown said...

Awesome! and Classic, both the convo and the man :)

Holli Fuhriman said...

It was really great to see you at the park yesterday! Made my day brighter!

Nyline said...

That is too funny! Gotta love the "needy blessing lady". Loved the name of the post as well!

Patty said...

He's the #1 Stunna.

Lyndsay said...

That is hilarious! What a great guy, sounds like he's enjoying his senior years!

Nat said...

Cute gramps. He rocks. And can you blame the ladies for fawning over him? He's so handsome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...