Wednesday, May 12, 2010

When the cat is away, the mice will break her cedar chest.

When I was visiting the Poohish last month, I came home to this lovely surprise:


Sades was jumping on my cedar chest while Ben was doing dishes, and she broke it clean in half.


(Those little scratches are from our dog, Doc, that we had before we had kiddies. She was the destroying type. And her nails were like needles.)

So. Now we just have a... cedar BOX. It's really the only place where we can store blankets. So it will remain an open box for probably several more years.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! That sucks! Sounds like something Brynnan would do!

Camille said...

It just gives it character....it makes it look super old and super used and super loved! Isn't that what a cedar chest/box should really look like?

Nat said...

Oh, that's so, so sad.... :( Maybe you can do that brace thing on the underside of it, and hold it together that way.

Mindy H. said...

Ahhhh, yes. Kiddie Carnage. I have the same problem with my kidlets at school. No matter how fabulos my sub is, I always return to broken pieces of something. I keep trying to explain to the kids that, since I did NOT birth them, I do not have to unconditionally forgive them for all of their spazie dorkiness, so they should be extra careful with my stuff. Someday it will sink in, right?

And happy, happy belated birthday. I'm glad your dinner out and movie night were tons of fun. You have earned some down time!

Patty said...

Oh, Kar. Them kids. I bet Ben could make you a really nice (temporary) lid.
I've always wanted a cedar chest. It is so "Little Women" to me.

Emily Empey said...

Hey- So my blog is private now! So still come check it out every now and then!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...